'Do not have content' errors

I’ve recently received a couple of retaliations on a custom map. When I try to play them I get the ‘you do not have the required content’ message. Having PMed the player who sent me the retaliations, I know he’s not using any modded content. I have all the DLC and bought the game via the Positech website.

Any ideas what’s going on? Are there any more details I should provide?

can you post the gsb numbers of the challenges and I’ll investigate.

Thanks Cliffski,

The numbers are 4616423 and 4616099 (I asked the player to send me the retaliation again when it didn’t work first time).

In both cases he has the following stuff installed

base game
order
tribe
swarm
nomads
fedelite (the free add-on)

I bet it’s fedelite :smiley:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4755

Ah, nice one, that seems likely.

If I install it, would it be correct to assume it can be unchecked when setting challenges in the same way that other DLC can?

yes definitely

I am also having problems with ‘Do not have content’ errors. I am just now trying to download online content, and haven’t been able to find one that I can download. I have all the expansions, including fedelite now. I want to try out some of the challenges from the Challenge forum (notably the NEC challenge) but I’m not sure what I’m missing. Help is appreciated :slight_smile:

The Best solution is to post a challenge id here of one that gives you errors, and I can analyze it. Failing that, click the option to get the content, and see what webpage it takes you to.

Alright. One challenge I would like to do is 4616638 which is NEC 1. I’ve also tried to “Get Content” but all the page says is:

Thanks for helping! :slight_smile:

That challenge only has the normal base game content required, and I see lots of others have played it too. What version of the game do you have? Have you tried redownloading and re-installing it? That challenge should be playable by anyone.

I have version Full 1.47. I haven’t re-installed because I didn’t want to lose all the stuff I unlocked. I will take a look and see if I can find where that is saved and then reinstall the game.

I am running Windows XP Pro. I made a copy of the “GratuitousSpaceBattles” folder in the “My Games” folder and then uninstalled FedElite, Order, and Swarm using the “add & remove programs”. I didn’t see any others as options to uninstall so I just deleted the game folder. I reinstalled with version Full 1.23 which was what I bought the game at. Then I installed each of the expansions in the order they came out and then installed FedElite last. I re-entered my registration code in the game and when I started it up it updated to Full 1.47. So after the fresh re-install I tried to download the challenge again, I still have the same problem o_O I did not use the folder I copied with my game settings because I wanted to check if it would work with a clean slate game, which it didn’t.

You can’t actually patch from 1.23 to 1,47, you need to re-download the full game, by re-using the BMT download link you were originally emailed, if it doesn’t still work, emauil me and I’ll reactivate it.

Awesome it works! :smiley: Now what files do I copy over into the “GratuitousSpaceBattles” folder so that I can keep my progress?

everything in the \my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles folder should be copyable over, assuming any DLC you used to have is re-installed too.

Sweet its all working :smiley: Many thanks for you help and for such an awesome game! :slight_smile: