does MOD of building data get imported?

Is there a step-by-step of how Svadac produced that?

I got it working, you can’t seem to make ‘new’ buildings with it just edit.
Add the setting I posted above to your config.ini file (~/Big Pharma/GameData/Settings/config.ini)

[DEBUG] CHEATS=1
Then once you load up the game hold left ctrl, left shift and e together to open up the editor.
Type in the name of the *.data file to load it up and go ahead and edit stuff.
Short video demonstrating some of the editor: youtube.com/watch?v=Op2Rs9QxJd4
I didn’t save the map or tried out what happened in the .data file

I had thought you probably meant Settings/config.ini file (instead of “Settings.ini”) but I can’t get it to work.
With or without F1 (which does nothing). I edited ~/Big Pharma/GameData/Settings/config.ini as shown, adding the 2 lines at bottom (or at top),
holding left ctrl, left shift and e together does nothing.
I noted in your vid you do it before even starting a game. I tried that as well as starting a game. Never get anything. Maybe it is some window size or other setting for me but it doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video though.

I had thought you probably meant Settings/config.ini file (instead of “Settings.ini”) but I can’t get it to work.
With or without F1 (which does nothing). I edited ~/Big Pharma/GameData/Settings/config.ini as shown, adding the 2 lines at bottom (or at top),
holding left ctrl, left shift and e together does nothing.
I noted in your vid you do it before even starting a game. I tried that as well as starting a game. Never get anything. Maybe it is some window size or other setting for me but it doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video though.

I don’t know why it won’t work for you, here is what I got in the config.ini and the in-game code that triggers it:

I’ll have to try it later - perhaps modify my “config.ini” to match exactly and/or make sure i’ve not bound “e” key to something else.
Does that image mean there is also a Debugger for ProductionGUI (F2) and for AIManager (F3)? (and add $ w/ F4)

Yea, most of the debugging functions are shown when you hit F1 (you get a little dialog to the top right). It overlaps with the game’s keybinds though, so not sure if this is something old that Tim used before adding in keybinds. Some things like F9 which instant completes a challenge, doesn’t do much beside pop up the challenge dialog as it would when you win a challenge and says ‘COMPLETE’ rather than ‘STANDARD’, ‘EXPERT’ or ‘MASTER’

Nice tip, Nensec, but I’ve done something different for accesing the map editor without making any changes to the settings.ini file.

Oh, you just edited a .sav file with editor:true ?

That, DOES work for me. Now to create some horrifically challenging Buildings for a MOD…

Hey guys, just thought I’d pop in. Glad to hear you got the building modding working. It was definitely supposed to be supported. You can name the buildings anything you want, I was just really lazy in the example mod and just duplicated the 2x1s.

I think the game might break if you don’t have enough buildings on a big map. By default every building is only used once per map. I thought I made it refresh the list when it runs out but maybe that code isn’t quite right. If you’re having trouble, just duplicate a load of your custom buildings to allow them to appear more than once.

Regarding the modding of save files: it is definitely possible, just tricky. I did it myself when creating the tutorials. My advice is to create a game via any means you like (custom game is nice) and then save it. You can then go in and change the date, time, money, scenario name etc. Even tweak individual ingredients. However, if you don’t know what you are looking for, I can imagine it being quite painstaking and laborious!