In this post I’m going to suggest some changes to energy related policies that I think need to be made.
Regarding unification of effects
- Clean energy subsidies should boost GDP in the same way oil drilling subsidies and nuclear fission does.
- Nuclear fission should have a link with the energy industry
- Nuclear fission could reduce envirommentalism like oil drilling subsidies currently does.
- Banning coal could reduce the energy industry.
Before start thinking that I am an idiot for suggesting this, think that nowadays,in lots of countries, renewables subsidies are being paid by aditional charges on the electric bill.
The idea is that some countries opt for charging the cost of energy related policies on top of the electric bill and this policy aims to reflect it.
No self respecting country would impose a tax of say 5.1127% on top of electricity to pay for general expenses, it isn’t like Spain has exactly that.
Most countries have aplied subsidies to renewables in order to drive down prizes by developing greater economies of scale and greater funding to R&D, so maybe clean energy subsidies, micro-generation grants and mandatory microgeneration could reduce the cost of the others and themselves over time.
On the relation between renewables and the energy industry I would ask why do mandatory microgeneration and micro-generation grants reduce the energy industry that hard, it would be ok if they reduce it a bit, but the current level could only be justified if we aren’t taking into acount the manufacturing of the generators and, in that case, clean energy subsidies shouldn’t increase that much the energy industry.
It seems to me that we currently lack some of the most common energy related subsidies there.
- Cogeneration incentives, subsidies to cogeneration or however you want to call them.
- Subsidies to turning residues into electricity.
- Subsidies to buy more eficient thermic equipment.