Engine/FTL Effects

Yeah, its cuz im bad at english u dont understand me :wink:

The “bouncing” effect of the rear front could be more solid… sorry but i dunno know how to explain in english words (/facepalm).

The effect is not exactly in the middle, I’m right?
I think it can be better if it is mirrored.

If it look not too bad for the Aradia ship, it look strange for the Destiny…
(I’m not a big fan of the actual look… ^^’ )

Yeah it’s a little off-centre, the reason being that for some reason the effect on the graphic I used is not evenly spread out, so one side is fainter… so to compensate I moved the graphic position down a bit… but either way it’s not perfect.

Anyway, this was kind of a ‘let’s see what we can do…’ exercise ( ^ ^). I may or may not include the effect when I release the ships as a new race (Yoma). Or I’ll just give people the option to download it with/without it. Although that’s a few months off yet… I’m still working on ship designs. (-_-;

That sorta affect would look AWSHOMES on fighters?! :smiley: (cool idea btw)

Thanks ^^

Do you mean like this…?

Reminds me of Tron…

now there is an idea that ive been hinting ever since i saw the new movie. anyone up for it? :smiley:

If I have time, I might make some orgasmic effects for it…

Yer thats the ticket cool shizz xD

wow this is some cool stuff :slight_smile: cant wait to try it myself…

And if people are wanting to make a tron mod, Im totally willing to add my limited abilities to that mix. Tron rocks.

WELCOME new-ish-if-not-ignore-this PERSON :smiley: And i cant believe i haven’t seen it yet Dx some one hit me!

could anyone try to make a new engine effect that looks like steam/smoke?

i have a new race idea. it involves steampunk and dakka… and lots of it >:D

Try using Aliance engine glow in grayscale, it should look pretty similar to smoke :wink:

Sweet Mother of Christ! This effects are brilliant. If I knew one can make such awesome effects for GSB I’d never bother modding DW. Randy - can’t w8 to see what will you make with my ships XD

lol, you probs won’t see them- I’m infamous for never bothering to finish/fulfil my promises. I might get it done someday… if I could be bothered.

Rather than a bad thing, let’s think of it as ‘an habit of taking your time to perfect your works before you realese them’. This way I can have hope at least :wink:

I might get it done during the school holidays- are you excited?

Not really, but don’t let it deter you.

No, I didn’t mean exited as in… never mind- just ask Praetors (send him a quote of these few posts) and he will explain it to you.