England Mod?

Anyone done an England Mod yet? I don’t know enough about politics to do any modding. Would like to pic England when I start a game though and see what I can do better than the current government :slight_smile:

Do you mean England as a Constituent Country of the United Kingdom? You want to play as England and not the United Kingdom? Well I don’t know anything about modding lol sorry but if you need any advise on UK politics or Constitution or Government then just ask 8) because I know alot about that stuff.

Just so you know, England isn’t a country/nation, its just a constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland which is the actual nation.

And there is a mod of the UK at least. In fact, there are two.

You should be able to find them through the main Dem2 forum.

Assuming that you are referring to the UK, I have done two versions of the UK for Democracy 2 (I know that this is the Democracy 1 modding forum but I presume that you are referring to Democracy 2).

The first is basically a conversion of the mission file from Democracy 1 and can be downloaded from positech.co.uk/democracy2/hostedmods/UK.zip

The second is one I have modified to make as “real” as possible and can be downloaded from positech.co.uk/democracy2/ho … /UKnew.zip

Hope you enjoy playing them :slight_smile:

TomPhil, which folders do I download these into? :question:

Instructions are in a readme file in the zip file (I think). Just in case they’re not:

There are three files - the mission file (UK.txt) needs to be put in C:\Program Files\Democracy2\data\missions, and the two flags (the bitmaps) (which are resized versions of the original from Democracy 1) need to go in C:\Program Files\Democracy2\data\bitmaps\flags. Change the root if appropriate.

Oh ok thanks, I’ll see if it works :slight_smile:
By the way, is it quite realistic to the real United Kingdom? Constitutional Monarchy, Westminster Politics etc?

Ok that worked :stuck_out_tongue: awsome.

Have you got any more Dem1 Nations that I can download to Dem2? Or any you’ve made up yourself? If you have :slight_smile:

This should of been moved to the Democ 2 modding forum :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve done France and the USA as well now - see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1392

Oh good Tomphil, I’ve been checking to see if you’ve done any new countries :smiley:

I should point out that the new patched copy released today (1.03) changes the dimensions of the flag bitmaps. They are now 1024 by 1024, with only the top 768 pixels visible. So if you have some existing modded countries you need to enlarge the canvas size of your flags and fill the rest with black (optionally).

How do I downloads this patch, where can I find it Cliffski?

If you don’t have 1.03, you can download it using the download link you were sent when you bought Democracy 2.

I have now updated all of my missions to be compatible with the new patch - although its only a minor change, you can redownload my missions to ensure that you have the most up to date version.

Ok thanks Tomphil :slight_smile: