Error Locking VB

On my work laptop with built-in ATI card there are no problems, so luckily I can still play the games.

And frankly Positech games suit better to work laptop to waste time at an airport or hotel than with home desktop where you can run all kinds of fancy stuff.

Ok, to anyone with this problem:

Can you install the DEMO of democracy 2.
Can you then replace the .exe with this one:

positech.co.uk/temp/Democracy2DemoTest.zip

And let me know if that fixes it./ I’ve had this fix it on my test machine, but not fix it for one other machine, so I’d like to know if I’m being lucky or unlucky there!
Cheers!

1 Like

So after working with cliff overnight I think I might have figured out a couple basic issues with just transferring the full game into the demo folder.

First of all you have to kill the shortcut or it is still running the demo

Second of all the texture files for the flags aren’t showing up because the demo only has the one country.

Otherwise this is a great fix for this issue!

Thanks cliff!

I’m afraid to say that this .exe placed in the demo folder isn’t working for me.
I’m running Windows 7 32bit with a Nvidia card with its latest drivers. the game worked fine until I installed this new graphics card a couple of weeks ago. So it is definitely a problem with Nvidia cards and not windows. Well, you know what I mean.
Excellent game by the way :slight_smile:
and any progress?

Can you try re-downloading the whole game, which should have a fixed .exe in it (re use the original download link in the purchase email). And let me know what happens when you run that.
Cheers,

I purchased the game from a website called direct2drive, will their download link have been updated?
Many thanks

Ah no, not yet. What video card do you have? I have one other user with the same issue, even with the latest drivers and my supposedly fixed version.

Alas, the game still does not work on my Win7 64-bit machine using the fix in either the Demo or the full version.

I’m still investigating this. It seems nvidia drivers are written by monkeys hammering a keyboard. It works on my geforce 8800 GTS with latest drivers, but not some 8800 cards. It doesn’t work on the 9800, but on almost all other cards. Next time I buy a video card, I am definitely buying ATI…

It’s just a very basic 8400GS

I think I may well have a fix for all this now, and I’ll be putting together and updated demo and full version for people tomorrow…

1 Like

Hello, I downloaded the demo from the website and it now works :slight_smile: Can you give me an idea of when i’ll be able to re use my direct2drive download link and for that to be the fixed version?

Thanks

only a few days, hopefully.

Following your progress on this one closely cliffski !

:slight_smile: nice to see you working on this game still. :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the positech full and demo copies of the game. Could anyone who still has this problem try the positech democracy demo and tell me if its fixed?

1 Like

Fixed for me, just earnt yourself another purchase :slight_smile: Cheers mate!

Fixed for me as well! Many many thanks!!

I’ve sent out updated builds to all the other sites so they should be able to get new fixed copies to anyone who has this issue and bought from a third party, otherwise just re-download the game to get the fixed version.
Cheers

1 Like

Still getting the problem with Kudos Rock Legend :frowning:

Hi.You are sure that it is not a problem with your antivirus?With Kaspersky antivirus I did not have any problem as you are kaspersky 7.0

1 Like