Error on start up

I have just downloaded the full game from D2D uk, so it should be the proper game. When I start it, a black blank screen appears and says “Please check publishers website for tech support details: [set display mode]” then “Democracy2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.” Then it asks if I want to send a report as per usual when something goes wrong.

I checked my graphics card driver and its updated (Intel GMA 950/Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family), I made sure I had DirectX9. I’m running XP. Not sure what the problem is can anyone help please, otherwise I’ve just wasted my money. The specs given to run the game seem perfectly comaptible with my netbook (Samsung NC10)

continuing from my last post, I missed something… It says “D3D engine error” What’s this, it must be the problem, but how do I fix it???

Continuation 2 … I researched D3D engine error and found a post under ‘Kudos’ on this site, someone else had the same problem. It suggested changing the config.muf file set ColorDepth=16 instead of =32. I did this, but still no joy!!! what else can I do to get this game running??? I’m outta ideas… Please help!!!