Euroland 21 Flag Pack (v.2)

Euroland Flag Pack
By Josef Litobarski

EDIT: Lordarod noticed that I wasn’t using a displacement map in my flagpack - so I’ve added one now and upped a new version.

NEW DOWNLOAD HERE

This RAR contains 21 flags done in the “wavy” Democracy 2 style.

The following flags are included:

1. The flags of all 15 EU member states using the Euro (as of September 2008):

Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Malta
The Netherlands
Portugal
Slovenia
Spain

1. The flags of all the non-EU member states with an official agreement to use
    the Euro:

Mayotte
Monaco
San Marino
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Vatican City

1. PLUS - the actual EU flag

Most of the images were taken from Wikipedia and are in the public domain.
Some flags (France, Germany, Italy and Spain) were taken from the
Democracy 2 country mods by Tom Hughes (ported from Democracy 1)

INSTALLATION:

IMPORTANT: BACK-UP ANY FILES YOU CHANGE!!!

Open up a mission file in “C:\Program Files\Democracy2\data\missions”

Change “flag =” to the large flag you would like to use
(i.e. “flag = flag_netherlands.jpg”)

Change “thumb =” to the small flag you would like to use
(i.e. "thumb = flag_netherlands_s.jpg)

It would be nice to have Iceland’s flag some day

No problem - I’ve added Iceland’s flag here

Thanks a lot

Good job!
But it looks like you are not using the displacement file downloaded from cliffski’s flag files. Without the displacement these look a little bit unrealistic.
For example
Portugal flag without displacement and with displacement. Look around the middle emblem to see the difference.

Now to use the displacement file with GIMP; After your flag is done except the displacement, press ctrl+L to open up layers menu. Add the displacement file found on cliffski flag topic as a new layer. hide or delete the german flag. choose your own wavy flag from layers menu and press Filters->Map->Displace; choose the displacement image for X and Y and set 10 as the value. Press ok and you’re done.

Cheers, Lordarod - I’ve added a new version. I haven’t time to change the screenshots now, but I’ll put some new ones up at some vague point in the future. :slight_smile:

when you have final versions of everything, let me know and I can host these flags on the positech site on the modlist page.
Cheers

Will do, Cliffski!

They just need a bit of final tweaking. The displacement map has distorted the edges of some of the flags in a messy way, and some of the flags with large vertical blocks of colour (Ireland, for example) need a bit of work along the edges of the separate colours. When the rest of my stuff arrives from the UK I’ll have access to GIMP again, and it should just be a case of a bit of airbrushing and smoothing.

I also might investigate the “satin” GIMP script which sambrookjm came up with in this thread.