Eve O Mod

I apologize but I dropped the project after losing what I had… I had formatted and re-installed and forgot about the directory I was using for the mod. Maybe someday I would start back up again but I’m just too frustrated.

I definitely think it is a project worth pursuing for somebody. I have often wondered though if/when it released if CCP would force me to take it down or take me to the legal system.

CCP has a reputation of being pretty agreeable with the community provided you dont go against them in some manner

take the homeworld 2 mod that was in the works some months ago,they only told the guy to give it to them first for review before releasing so they can make sure its quality work, and allowed him to use content directly from ingame

sadly my modding skills suck or i would make it myself :stuck_out_tongue:
the only game/engine i was good at with modding was the good old Morrowind,and thats not exactly applicable

This game is very easy to mod once you understand the file/folder structure. It’s built very well.

i can help you if you want…
you`d probably have to teach me a few things but im not stupid :smiley:
and i really want a EVE mod in this game… its like combining bacon and sex

That was part of my goal in creating the mod (making a template of files so that people could understand how). However, if you purchase the expansion pack you can see how easy it is.

Basically the only thing you need to know how to do is edit text files and create texture files. Textures actually were a source of problems for me mostly because I had a laptop with Photoshop that I was creating some of the graphics in and I was using Gimp on my Windows 7 machine. My pen would only work properly on my XP laptop. I had to redo a bunch of textures because I didn’t notice that I was having issues with the ones coming from Gimp. I’m not sure if the dds plugin was working properly (at least on Windows 7).

But, mainly I have been busy lately looking for a house. I just put an offer on one yesterday and they gave me a counter offer today. I have since countered that offer as well and I’m waiting to hear back. I’ll probably be very busy this summer. I would have to say my life gaming on the PC has really started to slow after getting married. Maybe if I ever make it to retirement I can pick back up some of my hobbies with more time allotted for them.

If someone is interessted in 2D models.
I made 84 topview models of eve ships with the tri exporter and 3ds max with a solution of 4096x4096

uploaded.to/file/6f12t8
Link for a minmatar ship…the nidhoggur

I would be interested in case I ever end up re-working this.

Here are all the shipmodels i have.

Amarr:
Abaddon,Aeon,Apocalypse,Arbitrator,Archon,Armageddon,Augoror,Avatar
Coercer,Crucifier,Executioner,Harbinger,Impairor,Inquisitor,Magnate,Maller
Omen,Prophecy,Punisher,Revelation,Tormentor

Caldari:
Bantam,Blackbird,Caracal,Chimera,Condor,Cormorant,Drake,Ferox,Griffin
Heron,Ibis,Kestrel,Leviathan,Merlin,Moa,Osprey,Phoenix,
Raven,Rokh,Scorpion,Wyvern

Galente:
Atron,Brutix,Catalyst,Celestis,Dominix,Erebus,Exequror,Hyperion,Imicus
Incursus,Maulus,Megatron,Myrmidon,Navitas,Thanatos,Thorax
Tristan,Velator,Vexor

Minmatar:
Bellicose,Breacher,Burst,Cyclone,Hel,Hurricane,Maelstrom,Naglfar
Nidhoggur,Probe,Ragnarok,Rifter,Rupture,Scythe,Slasher,Stabber,
Tempest, Typhon,Vigil

rapidshare.com/files/380303004/H … .part1.rar
rapidshare.com/files/380304565/H … .part2.rar
rapidshare.com/files/380305147/H … .part3.rar

No password required!
The rest of the files are in the next post

I hope these models are helpful to finish this mod. :stuck_out_tongue:

the rest of the urls

rapidshare.com/files/380300955/H … .part4.rar
rapidshare.com/files/380302005/H … .part5.rar
rapidshare.com/files/380302304/H … .part6.rar

am i to assume that this mod will get done at some point?
that would be awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

I have yet to download the files, will have to wait till after work. It would be nice to at least have models back.

I dislike rapidshare :frowning: This is going to take 6 days to download, 200mb a day limit from rapid share!

You only have to wait one hour. Then you can download the next file.

working on file 2

i saw on your other eve post that u said using only battle ship battle crusiers and frigets you could use them all the accuracy is based of speed and tracing speed so you would just have to lower the speed of bbs and titans and battle crusiers

But, there are only 3 classes of ships, which also means only 3 classes of weapons. I would be limited to only using 3 classes accurately.

you can still work with slots and prices,the ship classes actually dont mean anything since you can just mod the hell out of the equipment

like in eve the dreadnaght class guns tracking speed is something like0.001452 so anything fast it has a problem hitting same principle here