Extended / Protective Shields

Well, nobody mentioned the extensive shields should work against fighters, its just an idead. Maybe u kill the fighters first?? LOL.

BTW. Thats the thing, the protective shields should have its disadvantages, and not too many advantages, it should be just another type of shield.

But seeing as it doesn’t protect ships within it, it provides no advantage at all.

Until that occurs, there’s no point of having a large shield bubble.

thats the point

the entire discussion has been about a large shield bubble that DOES protect ships within it

Cliff’s already begun development on “G4” (check his blog). I think you’re waiting in vain for changes that will never come. I’d love to be proven wrong about that, but look at how many of the suggestions made on this board have done little but fade into oblivion over the last several months.

Lol… I couldn’t even get the 80% Tribe hull bonus through. A 5 minute fix that was supported by all the top players at the time.

Seeing as the SAC/NEC community already die, I am not particularly hoping for anything.

hey, btw, what is SAC and NEC??

They are listed in challenges and tournaments, you can find both the challenges and the rules there.

The most active SAC were SAC1 and SAC5, as listed below.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4392

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5227

Sorry about the necro but i thought of something to add into this that i realize is going on. The shield effects are 1/4 of the whole shield and thus you are getting 4 areas including the so called phantom behind the ship shield effect. Why not make a oval slimline shape for the longer that wide ships, and a wider than longer shield shapes to help with the epicily big dreadnaughts that some are putting out?

i already said that before, but the shield affects to the entire race, therefore all the ships must have the same shape config, But there is a bigger problem, we can change the graphics, not the code of the shield, meaning that the shot will bounce against a circular shaped shield as allways