Fan letters to Cliffski

This thread is not for discussion. It is for adoration of Cliff, and GSB.

CLIFFSKI OH MY GOD GSB IS AWESOME OH MY GOD.

This game is so good it’s giving me RSI and I don’t care.

I forgot to EAT for all of yesterday.

This kind of stuff hasn’t happened to me in like five years.

GSB IS INCREDIBLY GOOD. REALLY INCREDIBLY GOOD. YOU ARE ONE OF MY NEW FAVOURITE GAME DEVS.

I concur. It is the most intriguing and mentally involving computer game I’ve seen in years. I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn’t half-ass my way through the first level - I had to actually think. Super karma points for not including an “easy” option. :slight_smile:

All hail the Cliffski!

Games got some real potential, personally I’d like to see it realized to it’s utmost.
Very engaging game and stands alone in terms of game mechanics. Very refreshing compared to the legion of cloned games that exist these days.

I agree with all of the above, but have you noticed just how hard Cliff works? He’s a total productivity machine!

Such behaviour needs to be discouraged, in case my boss sees it and wants me to work as hard! :slight_smile:

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for having the opportunity to purchase this most excellent game, with great potential, a masterful work from the brilliant dedication of the skilled and tireless developer ‘Cliffski’, whose works shall bring him ever greater notoriety and financial success within the virtual world of the Internet.

Thankyou.

I agree with all the above and more. Hopefully everyone here will spread the word about how great this game is…I know I have. Do Cliffsky and the GSB community a favor and tell everyone you know about this game (that likes this type of game, or may like)

If we continue to support Cliffsky, his success is our gain.

Dear Cliffski,

I enjoy your game “Gratuitous Space Battles” very much. I don’t mind paying to be part of your QA team. It is the most fun beta I have ever been in.

After having played around with the game balance and tweaked and modded and done my damndest to break Cliff’s game… GSB is already incredibly well balanced. The only times there is anything like a problem are at ridiculous extreme ends of the spectrum.

I am more and more impressed by GSB every day.

There is not enough gratuitous adoration in this thread! Adore harder!!

Dear Cliffsky,

GSB makes me wish that I was a Federation cruiser. My short, violent life would pack more fun into than a horde of other more expensive games. As my hull detonates in pre-positioned places I would admire the particle effects and lovely sprites. As my PD lasers peck away at the swarm of multi-missiles I’d lose myself in the complexity of patterns they make. Exploding into a lovely hulk I would cry a oily tear at the end of another battle, lost to the Ultra-stack and prepare my tally of kills. Then I’d reload and start it all over again.

I’m all adored out so I’ll leave it at thanks, I think this is one of the best and most addictive games I’ve played in a long time.

Dear Cliffski,

while I know that there is a sales figure that ensures that you can pay your bills, I truly think that GSB deserves to sell more copies than most so-called AAA titles. I dearly hope that this game gets the attention it deserves, because even in its current state it is already a fine piece of software that managed to captivate me since the first day I got my hands on the beta version. GSB renews my belief in games that focus on innovative gameplay and depth rather than just a shiny 3D engine and being the 99th iteration of Action-Shooter-Something.

Gratuitous Space Battles (though having a name that I - as a foreign speaker - can hardly pronounce) is one of the most addicting games I have played for a long time. I’m looking forward to great improvements in the course of the beta and a finely polished full version that I will wholeheartedly recommend to all of my friends.

Being a developer, I’d just like to tip my hat to you, cliff, for making the game so accessible modding wise. It’s what I’d do if I were designing a game like this. Good job!

This thread is cool… :slight_smile: I realized I wanted to say an initial ‘well done’ towards Cliffski but just started throwing out questions/bugs/suggestions first without first saying:

Thanks for making a very fun and promising game! I started following your email list quite a few months ago when I first saw this posted over on TIGSource I think. I got the email about the paid beta opportunity and jumped on it. I am also part of a one-man game development company and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your dev blog and to start helping to provide whatever feedback and thoughts I can on your game as I know that is so important for a single or small development group. Keep up the great work!!! I love the concept of this game and it is not only a lot of fun but looks gorgeous too… or rather gratuitous I mean! :wink:

I’d like to complement Cliffski again. This time for his most excellent dedication to rapidly releasing patches to the beta testing community. It’s really fantastic and bureaucratic red tape free!

Dear Cliffski,

Firstly I want to thank you for this game :smiley: IT IS great and for space movie/game geeks - especially!

I was really inspired by how one person can create such software (game in this case). Your work is the main reason I have created my first scripting language, that has my own lex analyzer, parser, interpreter, expression evaluation (reversed polish notation). It is crazy when you think how other people just do they job but effect is massive on other people. Just look how others are happy.

And finally, as I’ve said before - even if no extra features are implemented in this game - it is still a superb game! Thanks man :smiley: