Thanks for developing this game I’m really enjoying it! Keep up the good work!
I just wanted to relay my thoughts and suggestions in the hopes that you may consider implementing some of them in a future patch.
I remove all my suggestions that I found already discussed in the forums, but I apologize ahead of time if there are any already existing threads that I missed.
Some of these are pretty minor, and don’t impact gameplay at all. I just wrote down things as I came across them.
ONLINE AND CHALLENGE SECTIONS
- In the Online section of the menu, after putting in your username, it wasn’t immediately obvious to me that I needed to go to the Challenges section. I was expecting another window to open or something after it accepted my username. It might work better to combine the Online and Challenges sections into one menu button. When you click Challenges the first time it would confirm CD-Key and Username, then show the challenges list. Any subsequent clicks on Challenges would show the challenges, but there could be an button in this window to get back to the CD-Key and Username dialog if someone wanted to change it again for some reason.
SHIP DESIGN SUGGESTION
A way to select text within text fields. I often use “Shift-Home”, “Shift-End”, and “Shift-” to select text, then “delete” to quickly remove sections. This isn’t really major, but I did notice it’s absence when creating ships and also in the Challenges window.
I can cause a crash by doing the following:
a) Choose a battle and go to the Deployment screen.
b) Click on “Design a New Ship” button.
c) Click the “Load” button, then click the X to delete a design
e) Return to the deployment screen. The design is still listed as an available ship even though it was deleted.
f) Click on “Design a New ship” again (or right click on the deleted ship and choose “Edit”)
g) The game closes and I receive this error: “Ship Hull not found ->:…\src\SIM_ShipHull.cpp 491”
The “Load” and “Save” dialogs do not seem to retain the Uppercase/Lowercase letters of the ship design name.
A “New” dialog option, that would basically clear the Ship design name text field, and launch the choose hull dialog box.
When choosing a hull, an option at the top to show only a particular race’s hulls. It could default to the current race you are using.
FLEET HQ SUGGESTION
- It would be nice if there was an option to allow sorting by module type (cruiser, frigate, fighter)
- Allow for further zoom out in bigger battles
- Press Escape, battle pauses and leave game dialog pops up. Press escape again, battle resumes, but leave game dialog remains.
SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION:
- “Simulator” button, where you could build both fleets. This can be done currently through the challenge interface, but this would be a lot easier if there was a button for it. In addition to being a simulator for testing various ships/modules vs others, this could work as a “Hotseat” multiplayer mode.
- In the missions screen, an option for a “Random scenario” where you create your fleet, but fight a random enemy race/fleet + random spatial effects. This would require you to build diversity into your fleet because you would never know exactly what you would be fighting.