File Backups

I thought this might be of interest to people who are either modding or are downloading mods.
If you forget to backup any files, the ‘simulation’ and ‘bitmaps’ folder, the default ‘config.txt’ and ‘strings.ini’ can be found at: apokstudios.net/kudos_2_mods/

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

P.S. I can add more backed-up files if people would find them useful.

I just go ahead and copy the entire data folder to “Original data” in the game’s main directory. That way, if I screw anything up really bad (and it’s happened quite a few times!) I can go back and copy the original files.

Yeah, that’s usually what I do. But sometimes it slips my mind and I only realise when something goes horribly wrong. I’m guessing I’m not alone in that.
I know it’s a slightly different kettle of fish in size, but I did that a few times with TES: Oblivion and had to reinstall the whole thing plus a dozen mods, which was a pain, because I forgot to backup. It just saves people from having to reinstall the game when they didn’t backup and find a problem with just a few files.

I didn’t really enjoy Oblivion as much as Morrowind…it just didn’t seem to have the same feel. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but I just enjoyed Morrowind more.

But this is getting off topic. I’ve tried a couple of homemade mods to other Positech games. Some of the simpler ones worked just fine…a couple really hosed things up big time! That’s when the backups came in handy…