Filter in the "load design" section of the ship design.

When we’re loading a design to modify, could we have some sort of filters like race, or ship class? It would make managing our stables of designs a lot easier.

you mean when designing ships? I agree that that would be a logical extention to the filter in the deploy screen and would allow for easier controll than scrolling an increasingly longer list.

I vote for this!

Design Management will be a big improvement.

Especially for those of us who maintain a lot of designs for every race.

Normally it’s one of the more senior and experienced forum folks who posts this gentle rebuke, but since it hasn’t happened yet, I suppose I’ll do it.

This suggestion, while undeniably a good one, has been posted more than once in the past in this very forum. Please read back at least a few pages before making new threads.

And if you did so and simply did not see any of the other threads on this topic, no offense is intended.

nevertheless…
/signed

personally i add a 2-4 letter tag in front of the ship name to differentiate my designs somewhat, but its not a very good way to keep track of over 50 designs…
example.:
TC - Tribe Cruiser
TF - Tribe Fighter
TFF - Tribe Frigate

until the sorting gets implemented try this,it`ll keep you from going insane atleast

This would be great, atleast the option to user different folders with my different races/ship hulls in them

This is the only thing keeping me from going insane. And actually, by not having this feature, I haven’t been playing GSB as much as I did when I first bought it.

I actualy name every ship like this : Rebel -name of hull- type of ship- ( if more than one desigh → MK(numerals) + possible design nickname

Ah, duly noted.

Coming in the next patch, sortable by 3 categories:

http://www.positech.co.uk/blog/design_loader.jpg

Sweet! This game keeps getting better and better.

1.41 looks to have some really snazzy improvements to the interface.