I’ve been having a lot of fun playing with the beta far. It seems to be really polished. There are a few things that forced me back to the desktop though.
- In online mode clicking on submit serial/code without entering any numbers crashed the game.
- During an online challenge the game crashed with the following error code. "Insert code went wrong:…\src\SIM_Beam\WeaponModule.cpp 306
- Setting the display to 2560*1600 resolution screws up the graphics causing the ships to stretch to the edge of the screen.
- (minor) the debug file list my OS as Windows Vista, but I’m runing Windows7 RC
- (minor) Deleting the original ship configurations causes a number of debug messages to appear in the debug.txt file, but the game runs fine.
- None of my crashes have generated any info in the errors.txt file.
- Fighters and frigates appear a bit blurry on the minimum zoom level.
Other than that the game runs fine on windows 7, will try vista and XP tomorrow.