[Fixed 1.11][Bug 1.10] "Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp 23/25"- Game Crash

INTRODUCTION:
I run a completely specialized line without any car upgrades. Output is roughly 1car/5s.
Various import slots are overloaded.

THE BUG:
I make adjustments to my conveyor line system and click “Fit Rear Arch” afterwards (because it still hast insufficient resources).
-> The game crashes.

I can reproduce this about 90% of the time.
custommap.rar (11 KB)
autosave.rar (110 KB)
debug.rar (3.58 KB)

Hi Cliffski

when i try to load a tiny saved game it crashes.
Loading a giant fab causes no crash.

Hereby you will find the saved games and the error.txt

Nice game: It helps me to explain what happens if you splitting the task

regards
Jürgen
ad.zip (248 KB)
errors.txt (103 KB)
drawdebug.txt (850 Bytes)
debug.txt (387 Bytes)
a.xml (39.6 KB)

Just updated to 1.07 and did some rework to improve flow… and I noticed that Fit REAR BUMPERS jammed up.

I took the snapshot, saved the game, and wanted to take better screenshot.
So I restarted the game, and attempted to reload, and per the second pic, the game crashed.

Windows 7, 16 gig on an Intel I7.

savegame.zip (1.12 MB)
debug.zip (1.05 KB)

Seems to be a similar problem as mine. Glad I’m not the only one having that issue.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18104

Please upload your debug files as stated in the bug report guidelines.

Hi,

the following error appears in the log files when the game starts and crashes. This happens either:

1. after clicking the icon
  2. idling in game menu
  3. clicking the load button or
  4. during loading screen

14/2/2017 - 13::5 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 13::5 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 13::5 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 13::6 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL 14/2/2017 - 13::6 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 13::6 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 13::6 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23

Hello Cliff,

I have another crash situation. The error message is:

Assertion failure:filename:…\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25

This is easy to reproduce:

• start the game
  • start a new game
  • open the building menu
  • select the ‘Conveyor’
  • scroll the map somewhere inside and outside the factory are close to each other
  • drag a new conveyor from somewhere inside and move the mouse to somewhere outside

As soon as you pass the border the game crashes and Windows is searching for a solution …

Please find attached the log files:
debug.txt (246 Bytes)
drawdebug.txt (848 Bytes)
errors.txt (352 Bytes)

I can duplicate this bug in both new games and by loading old saves.

After installing latest patch (1.09) the game will crash with no error about 5-10 minutes into a new game.
deleted old saves and reinstalled game didnt fix the issue.

contents of error.txt:

15/2/2017 - 0::22 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25

EDIT, realized it is being caused by accidentally dragging the convenor out of the factory limit as posted here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18137&p=83935&hilit=Assertion+failure%3Afilename%3A…%5Csrc%5CGUI_TextureCache.cpp%2Clinenum%3A25#p83935

Hello,

I am also getting a crash when positioning the conveyor, but it doesn’t need to be going over the border of the map.
See screenshot, error file and saved game.

[Edit] I think the bug is when I try to link more than 2 facilities together and try to link several facilities that are in a row.
Game 1.xml (132 KB)
errors.txt (6.43 KB)

I could not get the path , a t-junction, from chassis to body, so i kept deleting and recreating the path, then game crashed.

This was a brand new LARGE map, as such, i had not yet saved the map.

Windows 10 pro, 16 gig

Debug info attached.

(btw, especially in Alpha, it might help you to display the game version somewhere on the gaming screen.)

debuginfo.zip (1.15 KB)

Hey flaZer,

it’s the same error massage that I got while placing new conveyors. You can find the
‘[open][Crash 1.09] game crashes when dragging a conveyor over non-zone-tiles’ post here:
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18137

Where did you start dragging the conveyor and at which location was your mouse cursor when the game crashed?

Btw.: T-Junctions work fine, maybe it’s just the way to do not intuitive to everybody … So, To split up a conveyor just place the first conveyor route, e.g. from the first 'Chassis Assemble slot to the first ‘Fit Bodyframe’ slot. Start the second conveyor at tile where you want the crossing and drag it to the second ‘Fit Bodyframe’ slot.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone, this is fixed in the next build.(1.10)

I started from Chassis, dragged to left body, then from Chassis to the right.
Noticed that the T didn’t form and from there was somewhat chaotic.
Deletes, repaint, etc…

not really sure where cursor was when game crashed…

Looking forward to the fix applied to 1.1 :slight_smile:

Random crashing, usually early into a game, after I’ve placed a few operations down on the factory floor, but sometimes not till I’ve had a car nearly all the way through the process.
Makes the game pretty much unplayable which is a shame bc it’s so good!

14/2/2017 - 17::5 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 14/2/2017 - 17::8 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 14/2/2017 - 17::12 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 14/2/2017 - 17::14 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 14/2/2017 - 17::26 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 14/2/2017 - 17::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 15/2/2017 - 1::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 17/2/2017 - 1::13 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25

Hi amenacingteatowel,

do you remember what you did at last?
There is another bug report related to that

Assertion failure:filename:…\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25

Error: [Fixed 1.10][Crash 1.09] game crashes when dragging a conveyor over non-zone-tiles
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18137

As the name mentiones a fix will be in 1.10 so the question is: Same doing before the crash or different one?

Kind regards

Thanks Maniac,
It’s the same bug, I never saw that someone had posted it already.
I’ll delete the post and await Build 1.10

I’m not 100% sure whether those errors are a side effect of a different crash, or the cause, but they are definitely gone in the next build anyway!

i started a new game in 1.10
i made a fist line and it was working fine.
when i added the second line, after the engine part, it started to lag.
so as right now i cannot play on this map. when i load the savegame it crash.

i attached the savegame.

9/2/2017 - 15::7 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 19/2/2017 - 15::41 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 19/2/2017 - 15::41 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_LoadGame.cpp,linenum:1253 19/2/2017 - 15::41 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 19/2/2017 - 15::41 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_LoadGame.cpp,linenum:1253

thanks.
nomore.zip (760 KB)

so i loaded a previous savegame from the same map and tried to reproduce.
found something else.
with this savegame, as you can see, i cannot add another convoyer or ressource conveyor
thanks.
sws.zip (890 KB)

Yepp, nomore.xml doesn’t load anymore and the game crashes… with:

20/2/2017 - 14::46 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25 20/2/2017 - 14::46 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_LoadGame.cpp,linenum:1253

Can confirm for sws.xml … First of all it takes forever to load the savegame… and there is a bug of not being able to drag any further Conveyors/Resource Conveyors (But I think Cliff fixed that for 1.11) and there is the error in the error.log (but the game doesn’t crash):

20/2/2017 - 14::45 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:25

And I found these strange graphical glitches with the Slot colors at far zoom levels when opening the map (I guess that the TextureCache error has something to do with it):