[Fixed 1.15][Bug 1.14] Cars not selling/Stock building up periodically

Yup this is fixed, just pending the next update:

1. Fixed bug where very high car output resulted in no market price for a car being low enough.

Hopefully this fix goes out soon, I will soon have to record more episodes for my series.

Awesome work cliff, Thank you! I’m just sitting and waiting for 1.07 so I can make a new mega factory, Also will there be more options for missions in the future? like bigger factories than the mega mission? Or maybe create our own giant maps, I see there is a mission editor, (which crashes when I try to use it) so I’m hoping to have more space down the road, I want to see dozens of lines producing different models.

My factory broke last night as well, although I did expect it from the news here. I didn’t think I was upping my production enough for it to take place, but I went from about 1 car every 7 seconds to one every 4 or so and that was enough… I just can’t sell them. Like some others, I hope the update comes soon as I have an LP series I am recording trying to stay current and obviously I don’t want to post an episode where a soon-to-be-fixed bug destroys my factory.

Hi

As the title an picture says. It fixes itself when i have sold all the stock. comes back when i have alot of cars for sale.

I run 3 lines. 2 lines with the 1 type of cars each and one that makes it a bit more random what cars i make. 50% probability of getting a sun roof for exampel.

Keep up the good work

Lex

Supposedly fixed in the next patch but it has been over 3 days having to deal with this now and the resource pending error. Was hoping for a hotfix since both are game breakers.

Hello there,
it seems there is still a problem with high output factories, in my case about 1 car every 5 seconds.
I’m really not able to sell the cars at a profit at all. I don’t know if it has something to do with the old 1.05 savegame or if there is a problem in general as I wasn’t able to build a big factory in 1.07 yet. The save is attached.
Also the pathfinding of the resources seems to be quite odd sometimes. I have ressources travelling from imports all across the map when there are several imports much closer. This is causing some delays in the supply since the imports are blocked for the stations nearby.

Maybe a possible solution or improvement would be to set some kind of filters to the importers, for example for raw materials and parts. This would allow for a more efficient ressource flow for manufacturing and assembly areas i think.

Anyway, keep up the great work, your update cycle is really impressive and the game has huge potential.

Pupul92
test.rar (806 KB)

Still can’t enjoy late game. :\

I’m having the same issue.

When i first loaded the save into 1.07 it appears that i sold 1500 cars of a configuration I didn’t make them in… Pretty much all upgrades stripped only aluminum body and QA remained…

since then nothing has sold… I’m building a car in about every 1.5 seconds

Here is the 1.06 save so you can see it in action
save.zip (546 KB)

Hey folks,

maybe you want to take a look at the ‘Version 1.07 released. Highlights and changelist’ thread:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18012

There it’s a bit explained what happens when loading a savegame with a hugh number of cars in car stock (showroom).

Kind regards

Thanks, I did initially read all the posts in the thread

my cars stops selling untill i save and restart, then alle the cars will sell for abaut 5minutes and stops again

This is the first time I’ve experienced the unsellable cars bug… :frowning:

I just completed my 1 car every three seconds build in a large area of the factory. Everything goes fine until cars start to stack up in the show room. I end up having nearly 100 cars… so I decide to fiddle with prices.

From 50% premium, I drop to 30%… then 20%… then 3%… cars sell at these points, but then start to build up again until I have over 100 cars in the showroom (still keeping the premium at 3%!)… The factory keeps operating, of course, so my cash takes a nose-dive! (I finish the main line at around 1.4 mil in the bank, with plenty of money to buy parts, etc. Within minutes, I am down to zero because cars do not sell).

I have some basic car manufacturing with 3x basic machines installed to generate income while I build the new assembly. After completing the large assembly, those cars also will not sell… even at 3%

I can’t operate below a profit. Looks like issue may need more work.

Well… you can sell cars… even with 50% premium… but it always builds up to a certain threshold before it starts to sell the cars again… It’s a weird behaviour and you may go bancrupt because of it.

It definitely needs some more discussion and rework by Cliff when he’s got the time for that.

… merged threads together …

Sorry you had to merge, didn’t know this bug was upgraded to the latest version.

Yes, obviously some cars do sell, but the build up is VERY fast… we’re talking 120 seconds or so on triple speed to get to 100 cars in the showroom. … and it keeps going up. The numbers in the showroom don’t go down after I adjusted to that 3% premium… 100+ and it keeps rising. (I go bankrupt before I reach the threshold you are referring to).

More info – I am producing basic cars (no upgrades except for the addition of aircon).

TBH, the bug makes the game unplayable, unless you go with the tiniest of factories and produce VERY few cars.

I had not experienced this problem prior to 1.08, so not sure what exactly changed.

Yeah it can take quite a long time to trigger the sell-threshold again… In my biggest car-every-2-sec map I’m building up somewhere 300-500 cars before it starts selling again. And the sell threshold happens like every 8-12 hours on that ingame clock… so it takes like forever.

To avoid going bancrupt you really need a huuuge budget buffer before considering to expand to sell more cars/hour… and with huge I mean like 20-40 million or more to cover the costs of the expansion and to bridge the gap until you sell cars…

And you really need to keep that premium up because otherwise the basic cars don’t really pay off. That or slapping more features on a car helps boosting the profit.

But I can understand that it makes the game virtually unplayable because if you don’t know about that you overexpand too fast and then go bancrupt before hitting the sell threshold.

I’ve lost at least 10 maps because of that already because I went into a downward spiral from which I couldn’t recover anymore.

One can cheat obviously by editing the cash in the save game, and it helps to keep the map going in case it happened unexpectedly… but that is no long time solution to an obvious balancing problem. :smiley:

Dang, that is just awful… IMO cars should sell consistently if they’re going to sell. I would understand if the price is “too high”… but how would you know unless you reached that threshold? Sounds like I need to run a VERY basic factory for a LOOONG time before it will pay off.

Well, I think that the entire market/economy thing needs a fundamental rework anyways…

There are some threads\talks about it over in the suggestion section… But in the end it will be up to Cliff how to solve that problem and what fits into his vision of the game.

Yup that whole area is really placeholder, and will get fixed.
1.10 introduces car features dropping in value over time AND the idea that component prices can rise. Combined together they should make it harder to turn a consistent profit, which means I can dump/massively scale back the whole ‘you are selling too quickly’ mechanism in there.

The idea eventually will be to feed in both car production quality AND marketing to also affect the sale-price of your cars.

By the way, if you want a short term fix edit this file:

\program files\production line\data\simconfig.txt

SIM_E_MAX_R = 200

Change it to 2000 and things will be far easier!

or change

SIM_E_MINSA = 0.7

to be 0.9