[Fixed 1.30][Bug 1.27 Steam] Robot animation

Firstly, thank you for creating this great game!

I noticed a strange thing (since the first EA version on Steam): at normal game speed, the robots in the slots apparently stop working after some time. Don’t get me wrong: the slots are still producing cars, the yellow warning lights are flashing and the production progress bar of the slot is moving. But somehow the robot animation (in early game already, with only 2 robots per slot) no longer functions after a while, and the only way to reactivate it is to briefly set game speed to double or triple… Even when doing this, robot animation (when switched back to normal speed) only lasts for about half a minute. The robots always go back to their initial position before entering sleep mode.

Of course this bug doesn’t make the game unplayable, but it would be great if you could have a look at this.

(My specs: WIn 10 64-bit, CPU I5-6600K @ 4,1 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 970)

Many thanks!

Just FYI: the missing robot animation can also be seen on several YouTube Let’s Plays, for instance at the very start of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXQwUGXwkU

Can confirm that. Sometimes it get fixed by moving the map so that the affected robot is outside of the screen and move back but then animation might be desync with progress of that station.

Still, in 1.25?

Yes.

This is a known thing, and on my list :frowning:

Animation of the robots randomly appears to stop. If you then save the game, the animation starts again then eventually stops.

This is a known Issue - Cliff has it on his List.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18727&hilit=robot+animation

… Merged Threads …

Update: robot animation has become much more stable (since version 1.31 if I’m not mistaken). Thanks!