Flag files (for making new, matching mission flags)

I use photoshop to make the flags for the game. Here are the files if you have a copy of photoshop and want to make a new flag that matches the existing ones:

positech.co.uk/democracy2/ho … _files.zip

The zip contains 2 files:

1414.psd. This is the ‘displacement’ file.

and

testflag_using1414displacer.psd

That is the multi-layered photoshop file that is used to make the flag. Basically get a 1024x768 flag image and paste it as a new layer into the main psd. set its blending options to soft light, and delete the german layer (or hide it). Then go to filter : distort : displace and choose 10 for both scales. When it prompts you for a displacement file, select 1414.psd. Then save the whole composite image down as a bitmap, and enlarge the canvas so it is 1024 X 1024 with the flag at the top bit.
That should be it!

Wow, it even works with Photoshop Elements! Brilliant, thanks Cliff!

Tom, what version of Photoshop Elements are you using?

You can also use GIMP for editing these files as well. The GIMP already has several gradients built-in that are Flags (France, Germany, Mexico, Romania) that you can use on the German Layer to create that country’s flag in seconds.

My Flag for Nationstates 2 :slight_smile: Without Cliffski’s flag waving thing and photoshop, it would never look this good.

Now I just need to figure out how to reduce it’s size to 10 KB :frowning:

Where do i unzip them to?

Sorry I am quite useless when it comes to modding.

Anywhere you like.