FREE new avatars, for all versions, even the demo....

I’ve been playing with the demo and I can’t seem to get the Avatars to work?

Oh and yes the Female Avatars look great but what about the poor guys?

I’ll try and squeeze in time for some male avatars soon.

What do you use to make your avatars? Once I’m able to get my new system running, I’d like to try my hand at the avatar creation. I’ll post my results here, provided I have the right software. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Poser 6, which is pretty expensive ;(

lucky me, I was able to afford Poser5 a couple of years ago.
I thought that would probably be your answer; a version of Poser. It’s amazing what one can sometimes get on Ebay.

Heres a new one:

http://www.positech.co.uk/kudos/f_ashley.zip

preview:

How do I add the downloadable avatars to the Mac version of the game?

Anyone?
mlegener@hotmail.com

aha… there might be an issue there, because as I recall, the mac handles the dds files differently. The ones you get through auto-update have been converted, but it didn’t occur to me that these ones might not work. I’ll look into it.

I downloaded all your female avatars, but when I try to use them it just says “Not In Demo” Help!

I just purchased the game from Oberon, and none of these avatars were included. I just added them, so thank you.[/img]

I’m almost illiterate when it comes to computer stuff, anyway how about someone writes up HOW TO MAKE NEW AVATARS for kindergarten students?

If you teach me, I’ll make as many as possible… I like the friends avatars, too bad you can’t use them for your character.

And here’s a new one I did today. Enjoy :smiley:

positech.co.uk/kudos/f_stacy.zip

How bout curly brown hair - brown eyes, glasses, shorter, perky

I was able to download the other ones in the pack you have put up for us, but cannot open dds files so could not add this one. Any suggestions?

Also I know now how to add or alter jobs, but have some other questions:

how do I get the crossword to work? (only option after buying paper is selling it back)

How do I add my own books, or update items available via the shopping option?

Is their a way to play other sports/games or watch other shows/sports?

Hi, you don’t need to open the dds files, you just place them in the avatars and avatar background directories. these are the raw files that the game uses.

Okay I’ve placed them in the directories but the avatar still isn’t showing up in my game? (again I have BigFish version not sure if this matters)

btw if Im understanding directions correctly if I can’t open the dds files then I can’t create my own avatars either?

they should still show up fine, it sounds like they must be in the wrong palce. DDS files can be created in photoshop, but you need the free dds plugin:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

I put them in the directories you suggested (or at least I thought I did) but still nothing. I’ll keep working on it. Im sure its something on my end.

thanks for the link. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for taking the time to help a “newbie”!

check out the first post in this topic, this is more accurate when describing where they go. (although they should work in the other place too).