FREE new avatars, for all versions, even the demo....

Awesome avatars!!! Ashely’s pretty hawt! The frizz one looks like a good friend of mine, but she’s got redhair. Hehe. Red similar to the color in the f-Bob3 portrait. She’s be amused to see a redhaired version of that one. LoL

Anyway, Are you going to add all these to the autoupdate feature in game? It helps me keep track.

the trouble is some versions bought through different websites don’t have the autoupdate, so I started putting them here instead to be fair to everyone. Having them in both systems at once might be darned confusing…

I got the avatars available directly in the mac version, but most of them just come up as a big white rectangular box.
Any ideas?

Read this page to the end and you’ll find a possible reason and links to some mac version avatars… maybe this’ll help?

See also this page and this page - also search the forum to see others’ display/graphics problems and note there the recommended solutions.

The other thing you can do is wait for a different answer.

Any chance of makin some more new avatars or even portraits for friends? I added a few, but they look so odd. I’m not much of an artist, so I just cut / paste, then convert to DDS, so my new portrait pictures are just plain old squares. LoL They look so wrong. I wouldn’t even know where to begin for an actual avatar. I was a bit active here at one time… tired to be… Seems it kinda died out. Oh well. to the old times. LoL

I think Cliffski originally used Poser, commercial 3D software to create the avatars, but you also could prob’ly use Blender, a powerful, free and open source 3D software.

to the old times, mate!

To install these in the Mac Version from Casual Gameplay.com:

Download the avatars, and unzip them
Using a graphics program that can convert the images (I recommend GraphicConverter), open up the graphics and save them as .png files.
Go to where your ‘Kudos’ game is and right click on it. Select “Show Package Contents”.
Open up the folder “Contents”, then “Resources” and then “Game” bringing you to another “Kudos” icon.
Right-click again, and choose “Show Package Contents” again.
Open up folders again, this time “Contents”, “Resources”, “data”, “bitmaps”, “avatars”
Put the .png versions of the characters in this folder, and the .png versions of the backgrounds in the “backgrounds” folder.
Close the window, and run the game.

I suspect other versions are quite similar in idea, if not location.

Thanks for the avatars, and cheers!

Working, Mac Compatible

Sorry, computer n00b here. I tried following these steps for my mac, but when I clicked on Resources, there was no Game option. The only non text file there was English.lproj, which Ied to a folder called Main, which led to uh, nothing. :smiley: Can anyone help?