game crash after starting (fixed)

What happens is that the game completly crashes the moment I make a first click on the start screen. The start screen doesn’t load properly either the tool bar with challanges options ext. doesn’t load at all. I already tried to reinstal and redownload the game but that doesn’t help.
Does anybody know how I can restore the game?

ps if it matters I use the steam version

Couple of questions, that may help us solve the problem

• When you say “restore the game” - was it working before ?, If so, what changed ?
  • When you reinstall do you delete the original GSB folder and rename/delete the GSB folder located in “My Documents\My Games”
  • Do you get any error messages when it crashes, check My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\debug for debug information

It did work the first time I played it. After rebooting the system it now stopped working.
While reinstalling I deleted all the files in E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles

after I start the game it says GSB.exe werkt niet meer.
that translate into GSB.exe doesn’t anymore.
in debug I found this
----DEBUG FILE----
Windows Vista detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.37
Desktop resolution is 1680 x 1050
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine

did you delete the “\My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles” folder as well ?
Have you installed any mods or expansion packs ?

A quick suggestion is to delete prefs.ini in “\My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles”

I guess the question is, what has changed since the reboot ?

thank you after deleting the mydocuments…\gratuisouspacebattles and reinstalling it started working again

Happy to help :slight_smile: