Game-Killing Issue - Details

I realize this has been posted several times now… The previous posts that I have looked through have not provided enough information in my opinion.

Democracy 3 currently has a game killing issue in it. I purchased and downloaded the game direct (not steam) just yesterday and have not been able to get to the first re-election. I am not running any mods, just the base game. It doesn’t always happen in the same turn, but it does always happen in between turns. The text on the loading screen will stop short, the game will never recover, and has to be ended via the task manager. I have played all countries with lots of different term settings to make sure and the same problem occurred. I’ve tried running in a different compatibility mode, no difference. I’ve installed the 1.15 patch, no change. I’ve also uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. I’m on a fully updated Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

I checked into the error logs on my system and this is what came up: (Application Hang)
The program Democracy3.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1490
Start Time: 01cf9e446d350f90
Termination Time: 65
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Democracy 3\Democracy3.exe
Report Id: 6300860d-0a3c-11e4-8a09-8617af0f253f

Fault bucket 50, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Democracy3.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 53b99d22
P4: 8479
P5: 0

Hope all of this will help. I would love to keep playing this game, but as you can imagine this issue is frustrating.
Best,
knockaround-

I have had the same problem as well!
I’m very annoyed as it wasn’t the cheapest purchase.

I think that it is hilarious that it has been almost a month now and this thread has had no response or acknowledgement from anyone working on this game… Hilarious enough for me to want my money back now.

Hi, can you send the files found in this folder
\my documents\my games\democracy3\debug

to
cliff AT positech dot co dot uk, and I shall investigate.