Game no longer works on startup as of 1.37

Well, wasn’t the installer, as the 1.37 one apparently doesn’t work either.

Compatibility mode isn’t yielding any results either.

Have a look at your email . .
I have sent a few more suggestions . .

I got the 1.36 patch to run, and I assume it back-patched the game to version 1.36, but it still failed at startup.

Here’s the most recent drawdebug:

Initialising 3D Engine Driver : nvd3dum.dll Description : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 DeviceName : \\.\DISPLAY1 Checking For Shader Support NumSimultaneousRTs:4 hal_caps.PixelShaderVersion >= D3DPS_VERSION(2, 0) About to Create 3D Device with width: 1440 and height : 900 Attempting hardware Vertex Processing Finished initialising 3D Engine Initialising Render target of 512 X 512 rt_ship rt_ship Initialising Render target of 2048 X 1024 rt_offscreen1 rt_offscreen1 Initialising Render target of 2048 X 1024 rt_offscreen2 rt_offscreen2 Initialising Render target of 2048 X 1024 rt_transition rt_transition titlescreen2048.bmp

and debug:

[code]----DEBUG FILE----
Windows Vista detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.36
Desktop resolution is 1440 x 900
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine

I’m thinking this is evidence for the “windows update broke the game” hypothesis.

Bother, i was hoping that the exe from 1.36 wouldn’t cause the same conflict.
I am down to NFI . . the only thing i have now is random solutions like, Check Drivers etc . .

So, The 1.36 version I can’t get to work. The 1.37 version I can’t get to work. Antivirus, firewall, delete/rename the my documents folder, run as administrator, compatibility mode, I’ve tried all that, and it didn’t help.

I’m suspecting that the recent Windows update somehow broke the game, so my question is has anyone else had this problem?

OK, Darkstar076 and I were finally able to get this working. The solution was to manually delete the “order” and “tribe” folders and then reinstall them.

Not being able to see the error message increased the difficulty somewhat, once we had the error message, it took 5 minutes.
I am just glad that collimatrix had the patience to try out my theories untill my brain kicked into gear and worked out the obvious ^.^;

Bah. No matter what the problem ultimately was, I’m sure it would look obvious after several hours of comprehensively looking for every possible cause.

Tru Dat. . . One thing is for certian, i wont make the same mistake again . .
I am annoyed at all the modding time you missed out on :wink: