Gameplay tips for Kudos 2

I thought some of you might appreciate this.
gamezebo.com/games/kudos-2/t … dos-2-tips
Cheers!

And ‘the making of’ the game is now here:
positech.co.uk/kudos2/postmortem.html

Yeah I found this earlier, its a fairly helpful guide, even more so now because its the only one out there.

Had a look at the making of, and can’t get my head around one line on it where Cliffski says:
“I ended up with 5 days in a month, but still 7 days in a week and 12 months in a year.”

Is this explainable? :slight_smile:

Yup :smiley:
You will notice the days go mon,tue,wed,thur,fri
but you will also notice the month changes more often than that (every 5 days).

basically I don’t skip days, or months (you would notice) but I speed up the days in a month. Trust me, it works. Otherwise the game would be 6 times as long.

I dont understand, in a simulator like this length isnt really a problem. There is no single way to “beat” the game so I usually just play until I want to try something else.

Some people like to get to the end of a game, and ten years is set so that there is a definite limit you can aim for in terms of beating a previous salary, or number of friends or level of happiness.
It can be quite fun to see how much money you earn in ten years, if that’s all you concentrate on :smiley:

If people play to do this, would it be possible to add a Hall of Fame to the next patch that listed the top scores is each category? That in itself could make for some great forum chatter…

Yeah a Hall of Fame sounds like a good idea. I would like to comment though that I am happy that the game still allows you to keep playing even after 10 years so those of us who just want to keep going have that option.