Give Liberals Power and they are no longer Liberals

To me, it seems obvious, that if one citizen believes in Freedom, and nothing else, in a Western Liberal Democracy (A Liberal), and gets elected into Government, he would no longer be a Liberal.

A famous representative of this is Tony Blair, who changed Labour’s position on The Political Compass from Left to Right with his Third Way, because, like he said in his Auto-Biography, that he learnt that “being a Right-winger is the only way forward and the only way things can properly work”, and he realized this when he was in Government.

That goes to show that the Government (in a Western Liberal Democracy, that information is key) is a traditionally authoritative class of society, and a Liberal who is elected into Government would therefore have his opinions changed because of the Power which is given to him. A lot of people (in Western Liberal Democracies, of course (and around the world, naturally)) are quite greedy when it comes to money and especially to Power (that comes with fancy titles).

Metaphorically, I could put it this way:
“A parent (of a child) will always want to remain in control of his or her daughter/son, whereas the child would always want to free himself from his parents. On the other had, when the Child becomes the Parent, his views change, and are now similar to the ones of his parents.”.

To give you the answers of what this means; the Parent is the Government, and the Child is the Liberal. When the Liberal is elected, his views change, and he becomes particularly authoritative, like his Parents.

Although I carefully remind myself never to mix “Real” Politics with Family Politics, the metaphor above represents clearly my point that Once a Liberal has Power, he is no longer a Liberal.

What do you guys think?

Any man under 30 who is not a liberal has no heart, any man over 30 who is not a conservative has no brains.

• Winston Churchill

In Europe, Politics are totally different than here, so really this is all I can say.

it is basically the idea that power corrupts. as one gains power they want to use that power for their own sake, such as with a parent retaining control over the child, not because they are evil, but because they think they are doing the right thing. letting the child go is pretty much resisting the corruption of wanting what is best for your child, which seems like a bad thing by others that don’t understand, which is why their is a right verses left conflict. you pretty much explain this dynamic really well.