gold songs

how do i get gold songs and gold albums

They happen semi-randomly. When you play the song-maker game you need a quality of 70% or more I believe.

You need more than 75% to get gold song.

I played past 5 years for a band that was doing well. In the first 5 years I had 4 or 5 gold songs. My songwriting was getting better but I never got more gold songs. So I had a big record deal, put out several records with songs that were in the 80s and 90s, but no more gold songs.

Is there a limit to the number of gold songs? Do you stop getting them after 5 years?

There is a limit of 4 gold songs, but you can change that in one of the data files to however many you want.

which file? I dont see it.

I don’t know what version you’re using but I’ve been able to get more than 4 gold songs.

It’s in the config.txt file:

//max number of non-boring classic songs we can have active
RS_MAX_CLASSIC_SONGS = 4

Are you using a mod that increased this number? Or is there a way that the classic songs can go inactive?

I don’t have anything added to the game except the avatar pack and I have no idea about classic songs becoming inactive, they haven’t before for me.

I found out I was incorrect. I was only getting a maximum of 5 gold songs so I checked that config file and it had the max listed as 4, weird since my maximum was 5. Anyway I’ve changed and probably will again, thanks for letting people know about the limitation and how to change it.

Maybe the maximum you can get is that value plus one? Glad to help you out.