Graphics glitch

I’m playing the demo. Both times so far, when I enter a restaurant (both happened to be Italian), I see the toolbar at the bottom, but the background goes black and all I see are the green and red numbers. When I click, green checkmarks appear; when I click again, they don’t disappear, but a double circle is drawn over them. Here’s the drawdebug.txt:

Initialising Direct Draw
Attempting windowed mode
Creating Context at 1024 768 32
Forcing Fallback Init
Attempting Fallback Init
Fallback init succeeded
Driver: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family \ Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL
VidMem: 370 MB
Texture created : data/bitmaps\yearend_progress.dds

Hi, this is the evil that is Intel video cards. BUT! It should still work. Is this the latest version (1.04) (check top right of main menu screen).
If it is, I may have a way of finding out what it is (It seems that intel video card hate my JPG code). As a matter of interest, does the evening classes window look ok? (it should look like a blackboard) or is that just plain black too?
Cheers.

determined to fix this pesky thing

Yep, Demo 1.04. Thanks for looking into it. Let me know if you need any other info.

Whoops, I forgot the other half of your question. Yes, the classroom looks fine, no problems there.

I reckon this is fixed with the latest patch,
Cheers

There’s a slight improvement: the page starts black (with green and red numbers). When I move the cursor around, it leaves a ghost. The text and icons show up over this ghost, so by running the cursor all over the page, I can eventually figure out what it’s saying. But this still isn’t an ideal way to play.

I’ve got this same problem. I go to one of the $10-15 Italian restaurants, and all I get is a black screen with green and black numbers. Also, the cursor leaves trails behind it. Its really hard to figure out whats going on. Also, my game was a recently downloaded 1.07 Final version.

Classes look right, though.

do you perchance have an intel video card on a laptop? If so, it is an evil, evil, useless, rubbish video card that shouldn’t have ever made it into production. Game developers should campaign to have machines with intel laptops rightfully described as ‘word-processor-only laptops’, because the driver support is flakier than a kellogs warehouse.

I do have an intel video card on my laptop. Am I completely up the creak then?

possibly not, if you can get updated video card drivers from the laptop makers website or from the intel website, the game may well run fine.

Bah worthless hunk of crap, my netbook won’t run this because Intel pretty much never updates it s drivers :frowning: