GSB1 vs GSB2

I am about to buy either GSB1 or GSB2 Mac version on Steam. But I read a comment by one person on Steam that in GSB2 all he does is design ships but when he really wants to battle he plays GSB1. And that the gameplay and batlles of GSB1 with Galactic Conquest is better.

What are others’ opinions on this? And If you had to choose one which would you go with?

I think that GSB2 is an all around better game. The gameplay is already more balanced than GSB1 even as young as the meta is. Believe me when I say that visually designing a ship adds so much to the battles - even the purest tactician designs a better ship after giving it some visual updates. Having unique looking ships also helps immensely when trying to learn from battle.

The online challenges are what I’m here for and so far GSB2’s have proven to be a great time, although I had a blast playing them on GSB1 years ago too.

I sure do miss the GSB1 conquest mode, even though it froze on me so much I had to give up, but I know Cliffski has mentioned some single player content is on the way for GSB2. And there have been a lot of voices crying out for a campaign mode, among other things that were in GSB1.

You can actually give orders in battle with GSB1 which is pretty awesome. People asked for years and finally we were given the ability to control ships during battle. Why it was removed for GSB2…

I would also like that to be returned. Although, if it is not to be, then instead we need better control of the ships through the auto/programmed response system. It is not possible to give ships some pretty straightforward orders using the control system we have.