GTB resolution problem

Hi all. I’m having a little issue getting GTB set up - it appears to ignore the resolutions I set. At 1280x1024 and below it’s all correct, but above that it gets strange. My native resolution is 1680x1050 and normally I wouldn’t try any of the others, but I have done here for curiosity’s sake.

The following choices all give me 1400x1050:

• 1360x768
  • 1366x768
  • 1400x1050 (correct)

The following choices all give me 840x1050:

• 1600x900
  • 1600x1024
  • 1680x1050 (native)

1600x1200 gives me the correct result.

I have had this problem to a lesser extent with certain other games. It usually only happens when starting one of these games with my native resolution already set. I will get 840x1050 until I change resolution or tab out and back in (basically anything that causes them to set the screen up again). In GTB neither of these workarounds work, and the list of resolution options above consistently give the incorrect result. My graphics driver is reasonably up to date (not the cutting edge version, but only a month or two old I believe).

Has anyone else seen this issue at all?

Sorry, I have not come across this issue at all.
Mainly because I am still using graphics tech that is over 10 years old :stuck_out_tongue:
(max resolution I have is 1280 x 768)

Since its not limited to GTB/GSB my only suggestion is to try some of the other forums for the games that have similar issues - hopefully someone there might have an idea.

1024x768? Man, you have more coping power than I do. I’m on to two monitors at work as a minimum and I would at home as well if I could justify the cost. It’s the curse of technology - as soon as you try a new thing, the old thing seems so restricting.

I may look into asking elsewhere, but as the problem is much more limited for other apps (it only happens at launch, and if anything changes it all puts itself right immediately) I suspect it’ll be put down to a driver weirdness specific to my machine. A google search doesn’t bring up any related topics as far as I can see. I was hoping that as the problem doesn’t resolve itself in GTB there may be something about how it handles the screen that can be used to track the problem down better. A long shot admittedly, but one can always hope.

Thanks for the reply either way :slight_smile:

Coping Power ? . . . No - Its more like the curse of a mortgage and no spare cash :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, at work I am spoiled with 2 LCD 22 inch monitors (but no games)
If and when I get round to upgrading, I know what I want as a minimum.

Anyways all I can say is good luck and I hope that you find the answer elsewhere (then you can come back and educate the rest of us)