{GUIDE} Mod Manager

I’ve seen a few people on the forums asking for a way to manage mods. Some people use JSGME, but for those of us who don’t like it/don’t want to download, there is an easy alternative.
The way I do it is through batch files. One to enable mods, one to disable. Here’s how it works:
I have a separate folder on my desktop, called “Mods”. In this folder I place all of my mods. For instance, the GSTW mod. I have two .bat files in my GSB folder. One enables, one disables the GSTW mod. Their coding is fairly simple, and is as follows:

ENABLE

MOVE "C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships\GSTW\*.txt" "C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships\" MKDIR C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Desktop\GratSpaceBattles\GSTW ROBOCOPY C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Desktop\Mods\ C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Desktop\GratSpaceBattles\GSTW /MOVE /e MKDIR C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Desktop\Mods

DISABLE

ROBOCOPY C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Desktop\GratSpaceBattles\GSTW C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Desktop\Mods /MOVE /e
MOVE "C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships\GSTW*.txt" "C:\Users\Bloodyaugust\Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships\GSTW\"

To make these files, simply make a new .txt file for each. Put the code in, save, then change the file extension to .bat. Double-click to run.

Like I said, fairly simple. Can be extended to fit whatever set up. Just a small amount of tweaking, and you have an extremely simple “mod manager”.

PM me if you have questions! :smiley:

Hahaha… I love batch files. I had never even thought of this. Good work!

Nice great work now my desktop will be overtaken by bat files, i just hope they wont leave guno all over the place.