Have More Universalist Policies?

Have policies which have a positive impact on opposite ends of the spectrum and on everyone?

1 Like

That’s subjective… what do you suggest?

High Employment should make everyone happier for example.

1 Like

Oh, remember that not everyone is grateful for the things they have.

Perhaps adjustments then? Or complacency to balance the positive sentiment or cynicism amongst the poor for essentially disguised forced labour (could tie into my full employment mandate?).

1 Like

Now that I think about everyone-happy policies… I’d think the population should think of what they’ve been through (If the crime rate was high, if the health was low, if education was low, poverty high, unemployement low) and then be forever grateful for the one who saved them because I’d think that sort of gratitude is very present.

Hypothetically, imagine that you are from a country where you are abused physically by the government and then you move into a country that treated you with compassion and then you’ve gone into the hospital to treat your wounds while also do noticeable things to make you even more happier, you would naturally feel more grateful for the nation you’re currently in vs the nation you’ve been in.

1 Like

Yeah, so if your healthcare was really poor and then somebody comes along and makes it really good, you’d be really happy (unless you were really ideological about how it was done). So, it could be a situational thing, I think that would work really well in a gamey manner.

Like how that News Report, where that woman is really happy that you saved her husband and she’ll now vote for your party forever (organ donation), that but on a National scale.

Currently there isn’t like a news event, when you have solved an entire country’s problems, which is like (or when press freedoms are low, an illusion of fixing the country’s problems):

You made our country great again! Hooray for you!

1 Like

But that would be forgettable by the people who doesn’t have “Back in my day” sayings and immigrants who haven’t been informed by how great the nation became.

1 Like

I think that complacency would solve this, right?

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like