Help a bug!

The game fails to launch. This the error code I get:

[1023/122223.652:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)

1 Like

Drawing attention to your issue.

1 Like

You might have to delete your directory file. That also happened to me with HoI 4 when I forgot to delete my directory.

1 Like

Try to go in this section and completely delete the democracy 4 folder.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m not as tech savvy as you all are. I can figure some stuff out, but a more detailed explanation would be much appreciated! I do not have a democracy 4 folder in my documents folder.

2 Likes

It needs to be this folder with “My Games” click it and it should say something about democracy 4.

So when you open “This PC”, you can either access documents by writting “Documents” and pressing enter in the large bar on top, alternatively you can try to look to the left panel that displays “Documents”. (In case you didn’t know that already.) And then try to move that demo 4 folder to the desktop and try to start the game.

I’m sorry if this wasn’t of help, I believe this gentleman can help @cliffski

1 Like

Maybe this is the problem then, because I do not have a My Games folder in Documents.

Figured it out!! The My Games folder wasn’t showing on my PC, but it was in my OneDrive → Documents. I couldn’t see it until I opened OneDrive on a browser. I deleted the Democracy 4 folder from there and it worked. Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

There’s many games who doesn’t function properly if the documents folder is outdated or corrupted.

1 Like

I so hate ‘onedrive’. You would think that a new cloud storage system by microsoft, running on a microsoft o/s would not cause issues with microsoft API calls to simple read and write files but… no. Its a complete trainwreck :frowning:

2 Likes

So far Cliff, I’ve seen this problem occur on our offline documents storage and not onedrive.

Didn’t know it was so bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like