Help me too understand how...

Mmm… I didn’t really use follow cam mode but it’s true that the only ‘easy’ way to quit that mode seems to be ninja clicking in an empty place… :frowning:

@Nebdar
To edit sprites you need to use an image editor able to modify .dds files. Here we listed a bunch of programs that can be used for that purpose.

I decided to expand what I had about modding to create what I’m calling The Gratuitous Modding Manual (well it can also be named Guide). By the end of next week I should have half of it finished, more or less.
(the use of Valve Time won’t be this user’s fault, blame E3 for showing so many videos I still have to see :P)

Still alive (and waiting for Portal 2),
Jamon

ok we have order radiation gun and this parameters:

radiation_damage = 6
radiation_decay = 0.91
total_damage = 57
damage_duration = 4200

and this is how i understand it works:

6+60.91+60.91^2+60.91^3… to 60.91^n so that this sum is egual more or less to 57

n / 4200 = how many “booms” before it “runs out” (assuming 4200 is 42 seconds)

Correct me wrong or right :?:

and anoter we have beam lasers lets choose Cruise Beam Laser

armour_penetration = 70
beam_duration = 1000
beamwidth = 6.0
blasttexture = “beam_red_atlas.dds” <- This is a color of the beam
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BeamWeaponModule”
color = 255,16,16 <<<<<<---- so what is that for ???
cost = 115
crew_required = 8
damage = 57

the second one has no effect.

Thanks for the great news :frowning: so what is that for standing there…it uses precious memory :wink:

ok we have order radiation gun and this parameters:

radiation_damage = 6
radiation_decay = 0.91
total_damage = 57
damage_duration = 4200

and this is how i understand it works:

6+60.91+60.91^2+60.91^3… to 60.91^n so that this sum is egual more or less to 57

n / 4200 = how many “booms” before it “runs out” (assuming 4200 is 42 seconds)

Correct me wrong or right :?:

ok i have downloaded Paint dot Net (mainly because when i tried to download GIMP i was totally lost on their site i didn;t knew what to download) Its really cool so i was thinking about small thing finding pictures in jpg format mostly resizing it to 128x128 module format and saving as dds and here is the problem how to make it right so the picture of the module will look just like in the game.(the background is white or dark)