How About Gratuitous Ground Battles?

Actually I read that as Supreme Commander which is greatly superior RTS in every way to both Starcraft 1, 2.
And Supreme Commander 2 is even better.

Starcraft 2 has set new standards for the RTS campaign and replayability but actual gameplay and visuals are quite primitive and underwhelming
And even if you like micro and competitiveness more Dawn of War 2 is also greatly superior RTS to Starcraft 2.

Please, don’t mention again supcom 2. Some people are glad that its demo showed them why they should keep playing Forged Alliance instead of wasting money. That game ripped apart many of the mechanics that made the saga unique D:

Considering how much time the game has been in development I didn’t expect Crysis graphics. Apart, I prefer ut99 3D graphics which can run any computer to HD glowy crap that lags online matches just because not everyone has expensive pcs.

PS. Every new patch in DoW II pushes me back more from the online mode.

/rant

[rant]
Starcraft 2 is absolutely amazing. End of story. I own and love all the supcoms, and used to lan party with TA all the time. However, I prefer Starcraft 2. Of course, you really can’t compare the two against each other, because the differences are massive. :confused:
[/rant]

[rant]
and also made the game so hard for so many to play. FA had horrible performance, maps people rarely played, competitive was all about tank spam, an economy that was harder to keep balanced then an anvil on the head of a pin, and also had a ton of units no one used. Honestly, it’s the FA veterans fault that people hate the game, because they couldn’t see the game was good on it’s own and proceeded to spread hate wherever they went. I’ve had far more fun with SC2 than FA, and i love both.
[/rant]

TA, Was Great, Best game ever

Ah, Rivets; I think I still have that little box someplace. Another I think under-appreciated game came to mind when I started (very recently) playing GSB–Legion (and it’s successor, Legion Arena). Roman and barbarian armies face off, and you can only give them orders during placement (though Legion Arena introduces leaders and command points that could be sparingly used mid-battle to guide stalled units). It was nice to have orders that more directly followed what you wanted the units to do, such as wait a minute and then march, or march halfway then halt in the forest and snipe). It would be nice to have some of that sort of order system in GSB instead of so much being left to the AI (so one could simply do encircling maneuvers and so forth). Use of terrain was also interesting; though the terrain was hard to read, visually, it made a big difference as some troops were better in the open and others in forest or broken ground.

slitherine.com/games/legion_arena

In case you didn’t notice, Gratuitous Space Battles has entirely different gameplay than Starcraft or Supreme Commander

Apologies for intruding on the SupCom/SC2 discussion, but I just thought I’d mention just how fun it would be to outfit space marines and send em into action.

I honestly don’t think it’d work well in GSB, but the idea itself is FUN. Imagine - gear out your boys a la X-Com or Space Hulk and watch them go through corridors blasting up those silly Swarm birdies. WHEEEEE!

Besides, who DOESN’T think Marine spaceship boarding assaults are ultra cool?