how do i create ships

how do i create ships plese tell me what to do

tsk tsk tsk look around before you post a ‘how-to’ question! Perhaps your answer can be found in GSB Modding 101? :stuck_out_tongue:

i can’t find out where i can make ships

At its most basic, you need to create a hull sprite (using whichever graphical editor you wish, people here use Gimp or Paint.NET) and a hull file. As Wasabi said, this is described in Modding 101. The very first item in fact.

i have drawn a hull on paint now what do i do

you read this.

thats what got me going…

Here’s a more clear but brief guide, as the one there is a little hard to decipher as its author pointed out (its how I do it):
1: Copy RabbitCruiser in data/bitmaps/ships into your own folder (example: Horse Cruiser) and rename to your ships name (example: Horse Cruiser.dds or .png on mac)
2: Open it up in your preferred image editing application and erase all of it.
3: Now find a picture of a ship from the top and paste into the picture. Hopefully you have found a larger picture which needs to be scaled down.
4: Erase all of the background around the ship. Center the image.
5: Save and exit, making sure that the sprite is 256x256
6: Copy RabbitCruiser.txt in data/hulls/extra and change the name to your ship (Example: Horse Cruiser.txt)
7: Open and change the sprite, damagetexture, and hulk to your ships name (example: Horse Cruiser.dds)
8: Edit the rest of the text file (there are more guides on this) so that it is your hull, not Rabbit Cruiser hull.

Don’t mean to complicate things, but I never had luck copying the Rabbit Cruiser, so I used other hull files. It still works.

yeah, the rabbit hull is a bit buggy… i dont know why it is…

it doesnt even work with the ingame editor!

i mostly use federation ships as a base… but thats just me!

I just put rabbit cruiser as an example mostly because I don’t have to type all of the descriptions of where they are :stuck_out_tongue: (as DYL8000 is obviously a beginner, it might not be clear).

I CAN’T OPEN ANY FILE IT ISN’T RECONISING IT

Which files? What program are you attempting to use? Can you normally open other files of the same type? Help us to help you.