How do I play Galactic Conquest offline?

I’ve got Steam, but since I’m not always online, I use offline mode to play my games without being connected to the internet. But Galactic Conquest won’t let me do this. The game itself - not steam - complains it can’t get online when I click the GC button from the GSB menu. The rest of GSB works fine so far, but Galactic Conquest mode actually requires me to be online. Can I get round this? I know the web-page says the fleets are drawn from online fleets, but is there not a way to cache this? I’d like to see a patch that actually had the AI create enemy fleets.

To put it bluntly… you can’t play the campaign offline. I know… sux… don’t it? See this thread and make a post… at least you’ll bump it back up to the top again.

http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5805

It hasn’t been added to since January. Frankly… I’m quite surprised more people haven’t requested this but no one seems to care. Months back when I bought the GC expansion I was on dial-up and it was very important to me… now I’m back on broadband after a two year hiatus and I guess it shouldn’t matter now… but it still does to me. I’m sorry I ever bought that expansion and the lack of response from the developer to address an issue that just seemed logical… has soured me even more now.

In fact… I haven’t even started up GSB since then, and now that I CAN play the campaign online… don’t care and have lost interest entirely.

Ironic in a way… since I’m NOT a MP type of person… the one element of the game that was made for single-player is inaccessible to some.