How many researchers and explorers do I have?

Just a nitpicky thing, but it would be nice to show the total number of people under your employ. (I know you can count or divide the monthly cost)

I usually end up with like 20 scientists and 5 explorers after about 4 years. Am I missing out on the ingredients upgrades (are they really worth it)? I unlock everything except the snow plants.

What do you guys end up with?

And why would Josh Gates get paid more salary than a PhD from Harvard?

I agree, it would be good to have a display of the total number of explorers and scientists. For that matter, it would be nice to have a clear indicator of the monthly cost since it varies when you have outsourcing.

I typically go much more heavily into scientists than explorers. Typically I don’t get more than 3 explorers at any time, although I tend to play fast games since I’m playing through all the scenarios and trying to finish them as fast as possible. I typically hire 4 scientists right off the bat to start getting agglomerator, ionizer, and basic auxiliary. I often end up with 15 or more scientists since I often want to research multiple high-level techs at once. I still haven’t gotten to play around with the hadron collider yet, since when trying to play fast games it’s hard to get that high up the tech tree. I think I might try just playing a game as if it were freeplay instead of going for the fastest time just to see what the high level tech is like. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, fun fact, IRL I work at the facility with the second largest hadron collider in the world, although it isn’t colliding hadrons any more since the largest one is so much better. Instead we’re working on converting it to shoot a beam of neutrinos through the earth to a detector in a mine a few states away. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty sure the outsourcing changes the dollars/day.

Yea, I’d like to see more scenarios that aren’t a time race. Like a “casual” list of scenarios where the ai is more difficult (I rarely see the ai go above level 1 or 2 - and they usually only have 1-3 cures at any one time). So it could be a more enjoyable game, but challenging.

I’d also like to be able to put the competitors out of business. Saturate their market and bankrupt them on purpose. Of course, you would be losing money to do it. That could be a whole new scenario section. “There can be only one”