How to get black lasers

So I was modding my game and I decided it would look cool to have a black coloured laser. So, I set the “Colour” thing on the text file of a laser to 0,0,0 (Thinking this would change the lasers colour to RGB 0,0,0 aka Black). But it didn’t. I’m a little bit worried I’ll have to create my own laser image to use, but I was wondering if there was an easier way?

Sometime in the early alpha of the development of GSB, the Color = R,B,G for Beam weapons was disabled, so thats why it did not work (I dont know why that line of code is in there)

Anyways, modifying a beam weapons (“SIM_BeamWeaponModule”) is a simple task. All you need to do is:

1. Create/modify a beam Graphics File
  2. Call the graphics file in the module using the blasttexture = “something.dds”

To alter/create the beam graphics file you need a program that can alter a .dds file. (for example, Gimp which is free)

A quick guide on how a beam effect graphics file works

1. The blast effect is placed at the start of the turret
  2. The main beam effect is stretched from the turret to the target
  3. The grain section is repeatedly placed along the effects (without stretching) back to back

For more info about modding, have a look at the [Guide] GSB Modding 101
There are some useful hints, tips and guides to help you get your ideas into the game.

Okay, thanks.