Last updated 24 March 2021
This is an attempt to compile all of the suggestions I’ve seen that have not been addressed. Some may purposefully be unaddressed, some may be pure oversights. I’ve included everything I’ve seen that was short enough to fit on the list, even suggestions I don’t agree with.
Feel free to post more below, all! As you add more, I’ll edit this post to include them, assuming I can still edit it, and remove them as they’re implemented / addressed.
Exploits / bugs:
Nation Setup & Pre-Game Menu Screens
- When you select a country there are a few sliders and things to toggle. Could you add a button that resets the sliders? Not a big deal, but if you move a few sliders and want to revert the changes before you start then you have to close the box, start a new game, and then select the country again. (credit for idea to Downunder)
- ADDED! Internet Censorship (banning extremist content online) does not make the leader safer
- ADDED! gun ownership rights (IE make it harder for would-be assassins to get guns) do not make leader safer
- ADDED! Microchips don’t make the leader safer from assassination, but ID cards do
Law & Order:
- Press Freedom, Internet Censorship, and General Media Censorship don’t interact with each other or conflict. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- ADDED! Right to Privacy and Mandatory Microchips/Wiretapping can coexist.
- ADDED! Gun ownership policy doesn’t affect Armed Religious Groups – religious groups can’t get armed if they can’t get guns
- Ghettos don’t affect conservative happiness or housing availability (Real Estate Bubble). (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- ADDRESSED! Polarization has no effects at all. EDIT- it has an invisible effect, where radicalization becomes more common.
- “Ban Foreign Church Service” effects become rather ludicrous when contemplated on more than a surface level. Looking at Religious Ethnic minorities its hard to see why they would like the policy (“As a religious person im glad the Government banned Church service of my Religion”). Similarly its hard to see why a non-Religious, non-Liberal Ethnic minority would object to the policy anymore than the average person.
- ADDED! Strict Intellectual Property Rights don’t affect the black market situation
- ID cards could use balancing at its various scales – “heavily enforced” is not that different from “optional”
- ADDRESSED! Gay Marriage doesn’t affect equality or gender equality
- ADDED! Trade Unionist happiness & membership is unaffected by Labor Day Holiday, but socialist happiness is.
- Consumer Rights don’t affect corporate exodus.
- Skill Shortage, Brain Drain, and Technology Backwater don’t affect one another. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Compulsory water meters & desalination plants don’t affect the water industry
- National Service doesn’t affect the generational wealth gap, gender equality (assuming only men are drafted unless it’s set to its extremes), or economic measures like unemployment/GDP/productivity (since all these people are in the military instead of working). (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- International Fusion Research Project doesn’t interact with the Nuclear Fission policy & visa versa.
- Immigration: no negative effects from mandatory national service, happiness of everyone, & low democracy (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Congestion charging should please capitalist (credit for idea to @javive11 )
- ADDED! Telecommuting has no effect on productivity
- ADDED! Closing Airports Completely doesn’t affect State Airline cost/effect but does affect the Air Travel Tax.
- ADDED! Closing all airports does not conflict with state airline or any air-related taxes.
- ADDRESSED! Closing all airports has no effect on corporate exodus
- Many of the environmental harms of cars do not have a link to traffic congestion. Lower combustion temperatures lead to messier combustion and therefore dirtier exhaust. Yes, more CO2 is produced by burning more fuel, but every other pollutant is worse at lower temperatures.
- Car emissions limits and other car related environmental policies continue to provide full benefit, even if car usage is drastically reduced (I would suggest they should put a less than 1 multiplier on the harmful effects of cars rather than a direct benefit)
- The policy “fuel efficiency standards” negatively impact the environment by increasing car usage and not affecting the environment directly, only C02 emissions
- Fuel Efficiency Standards aren’t impacted by Electric Car Transition – if everyone’s driving electric, fuel efficiency is likely irrelevant.
- Biofuels do not negatively impact the Environment despite turning more forests into corn farms
- Motorist membership increases by 20% from 0% oil price, even when electric car transition is at 100%
- PARTIALLY ADDED! Rail usage could increase bus & bike usage – plenty of people use railways to get to a downtown area, then a bus or bike to get to their office.
- ADDED! Banning cars in cities does not increase rail usage, bus usage, or bikes usage, which makes it seem like people would walk everywhere
Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, & Organized Crime:’
- Alcohol consumption should link to obesity due to the high calorie count in many alcoholic beverages (credit to @Rabid for idea)
- Capitalists don’t care about legalized drugs/alcohol.
- ADDED! Organized Crime is unaffected by alcohol policy – if a player has prohibition, wouldn’t that encourage mafias, speakeasys, etc?
- Organized crime doesn’t affect drug addiction. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Drug addiction does not have any relation to private healthcare (opioid abuse is much-easier with private doctors using separate databases than one, universal, government-run database monitoring prescription amounts, and bogus luxury “rehab” centers also exist)
- Very high state health service does not directly affect tobacco usage (IE nicotine patches, stop-smoking programs, etc offered at hospital) (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- ADDED! Drug addiction goes away VERY quickly when you reduce drug law – it does not make sense for drug addiction to disappear in 1-2 turns, as IRL drug addictions last for years if not decades in many people. In-game you can instantly end drug addiction by reducing drug policy.
- BEING DISCUSSED! Alcoholism goes away VERY quickly when you increase the drinking age – alcohol addiction should not disappear so quickly or easily.
- Armed police policy directly affect drug addiction – why? Shouldn’t they only affect, potentially, organized crime, which would then theoretically reduce drug addiction?
- Social care, youth club subsidies, prisons, and corruption (corruption meaning shady police) have no impact on drug addiction or alcoholism (credit for idea to Darkmark8910 & one other user whose username I forget)
- Legalizing prostitution does not reduce crime (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- State schools, school vouchers and school tax credits do not impact parent opinion
- ADDRESSED! Air travel taxes remain in effect when Closing Airports Completely is also in effect
- Motorists are angered by petrol tax & the country is hit deeply by the negative equality effect of the policy, even when electric car usage is at 100% & income of petrol tax is $0.00.
- ADDED! Cost of Marriage Tax Allowance policy unaffected by Gay Marriage (allowing gay marriages = more marriages = more allowances = more cost)
- Tax evasion unaffected by tax credits - to get tax credits you gotta file taxes. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Married tax allowance should increase parent income (credit for idea to @raxo2222 )
- City Farms don’t help with obesity (food deserts would theoretically go down with city farms) (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- enhanced animal rights (IE hunting & farming policies) should reduce the amount of plant-based diets, as potential non-plant-eaters have less reason to feel bad for the animals – conversely, environmental membership should increase it, as some people go flexitarian to help the environment (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- the mad cow disease event has no impact on plant-based diets (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Plant Based diets should reduce the impact of the Antibiotics ban on the Income and Opinion of Farmers. (Farmers wouldn’t raise Animals, if there was no market for them).
- hunting policy doesn’t affect plant-based diets (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
Strikes & Protests:
- Private workers don’t strike, but public workers do, so cancelling all public schools / public healthcare / public railways makes teacher / doctor / rail strikes end instantly. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Hospital overcrowding should increase doctor strike
- ADDED! High Speed Rail has no effect on rail strikes
- Teacher shortage has no effect on teacher’s strike, or visa versa
- High education has no downsides whatsoever – higher education could lead to more protests (as people are more informed about their government & wrongdoing) and/or underemployment (credit for idea to Darkmark8910 & 1 other user)
Incomes & Earnings:
- ADDRESSED! Rent Controls don’t increase the income of the poor/youth nor decrease inflation.
- ADDRESSED! Hyperinflation doesn’t decrease middle income earnings or cause capital flight.
- Higher wages decrease productivity
- No link between poor earnings and poverty - the minimum wage impact on poverty should be indirect, making a stop through poor earnings. There are people who are technically paid better than minimum wage, but still impoverished.
Environment & Energy:
- Clean energy subsidies should increase GDP in the same way that nuclear fission and oil drilling subsidies do (credit to @javive11 for idea)
- There should be a link between nuclear fission and the energy industry. (credit to @javive11 for idea)
- Cryptocurrency adoption could anger enviromentalist and reduce energy efficiency due to the amount of energy output required to produce BitCoin (credit to @javive11 for idea)
- Cryptocurrency taxation should please enviromentalist. (credit to @javive11 for idea)
- Now that reforestation is a policy the reference to reforestating in the description of the climate change adoption fund should be eliminated. (credit to @javive11 for idea)
- Reforestation should reflect the reduction of avaliable farmland via food prices increase or by angering farmers, a reduction on their number and income, or a mixture of those effects. (credit to @javive11 for idea)
- ADDED! The Holy Building Burned event doesn’t affect religious happiness.
- foreign nations bombing (the “foreign nation launches air strikes” event) does not affect immigration
- the pandemic event does not affect immigration or emigration
- Selective Schooling is unaffected by whether schools are private or public, and public/private schools are unaffected by it as well. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Hospital overcrowding should impact private health care, as people spend money to get around the delays
- Covid-19 situation bubble to model countries today (credit for idea to Franztroll)
- INTENTIONAL! Technology increases health care demand
- School Prayer is a relatively-flat slider, not one that greatly increases its effects towards the end. Liberals would likely object a lot more to Mandatory, Daily school prayer than Optional or Parental Choice. (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)
- Anti-vaxxers aren’t present in the game (credit for idea to Rabid)
- Mandatory minimum tax on corporations and/or people. This is a minimum tax to be paid no matter how many deductions you have - it’s meant to prevent tax avoidance strategies and cases where big corporations & the ultra-wealthy pay no tax. Would conflict with Tax Shelters & reduce tax evasion (credit for idea to Darkmark8910)