Hyperinflation and Deflation-Synergy Mod

Hey guys,

First of all Happy New Year.

I’ve been using the Synergy mod for quite some time now and I decided today to add hyperinflation and deflation as situations. I succeeded but when deflation arises and I check out the GDP graph it shows the hyperinflation icon on the grey scale below the graph and not the deflation one. In the main screen the deflation icon shows up just fine.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks in advance!

Hi nikosb1995,

can you publish your code for the ‘hyperinflation’ and the ‘deflation’ and the name of your pictures, which you want to use.
Maybe I can help you by analyze the code structure.

Maybe you can find an example, how you can use these situations, like ‘inflation’, in my mod 'Inflation / Deflation Simulation Mod 1.0"

Link: Inflation / Deflation Simulation Mod 1.0

Hey Struck,

Yeah I used some of your code with some changes and your images for these situations, I hope that’s alright with you maybe I should have asked you first! It’s the first time I tried to code something for democracy 3. Here’s what the code for those two situations:

[#,Inflation,Hyperinflation, Wild money printing and ultra low interest rates have caused prices to skyrocket,ECONOMY,sit_icons_inflation.dds,"The inflationary policies of Central Bank have brought about hyperinflation","The Central Bank's response has brought price inflation under control again",0,0.80,0.50,0,0,"Inflation,0+(0+Inflation)",#,"Purchasing_Power,-0.4+(-0.1*x),3","GDP,-0.35+(-0.3*x),6","CurrencyStrength,-0.8+(-0.2*x),2","PovertyRate,0.15+(0.15*x),4,"_All_,-0.8+(-0.1*x),4",,,, #,Inflation,Deflation,An extreme contractionary monetary policy has caused a collapse of prices,ECONOMY,sit_icons_deflation.dds,"The contractionary policies of Central Bank have brought about deflation","The Central Bank's response has brought deflation under control again",0,0.70,0.40,0,0,"Inflation,1-(0+Inflation)",#,"Purchasing_Power,0.4+(0.1*x),3","GDP,-0.25+(-0.2*x),5","CurrencyStrength,0.8+(0.2*x),6","PovertyRate,-0.15+(-0.15*x),4,"_All_,0.8+(0.1*x),4",,,,

Names of pictures: sit_icons_inflation.dds, sit_icons_deflation.dds

Thanks for your help!

Hi nikosb1995,

of course, you can use my code for an example. :wink:
It would be great, if you could mentioned me and the mod name, if you would like to publish your modification.

Thank you,too, for publishing your code.
I have marked the problem. :wink:

#,Inflation,Hyperinflation, Wild money printing and ultra low interest rates have caused prices to skyrocket,ECONOMY,sit_icons_inflation.dds,“The inflationary policies of Central Bank have brought about hyperinflation”,“The Central Bank’s response has brought price inflation under control again”,0,0.80,0.50,0,0,“Inflation,0+(0+Inflation)”,#,“Purchasing_Power,-0.4+(-0.1x),3","GDP,-0.35+(-0.3x),6”,"CurrencyStrength,-0.8+(-0.2x),2","PovertyRate,0.15+(0.15x),4,“All,-0.8+(-0.1*x),4”,

#,Inflation,Deflation,An extreme contractionary monetary policy has caused a collapse of prices,ECONOMY,sit_icons_deflation.dds,“The contractionary policies of Central Bank have brought about deflation”,“The Central Bank’s response has brought deflation under control again”,0,0.70,0.40,0,0,“Inflation,1-(0+Inflation)”,#,“Purchasing_Power,0.4+(0.1x),3","GDP,-0.25+(-0.2x),5”,"CurrencyStrength,0.8+(0.2x),6","PovertyRate,-0.15+(-0.15x),4,“All,0.8+(0.1*x),4”,

The first word after the ‘#’ stands for the ‘internal name’ of your code. Because of the word ‘Inflation’ for your event deflation, the code refers to your first line, which coding refers to the event inflation. So your game will use the image of the inflation-event.

If you change the word ‘inflation’ into ‘deflation’ at the marked line, the code should work correctly. :wink:

Hey Struck,

Yeah of course I will mention you when I publish the mod. You deserve credit since your code helped me. Right now I have the code on the situations.csv of the synergy mod but I’ll transfer it into a new file and then I’ll upload it with some other mods I created.

And yeah changing the word fixed it. That was a silly mistake. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

First of all Happy New Year.

I’ve been using the Synergy mod for quite some time now and I decided today to add hyperinflation and deflation as situations. I succeeded but when deflation arises and I check out the GDP graph it shows the hyperinflation icon on the grey scale below the graph and not the deflation one. In the main screen the deflation icon shows up just fine.