I briefly came back

Though I often get 90+ effectiveness ministers, I do agree there are some frustrating points. I use a heuristic method of checking minister effectiveness regularly and doing shuffles every time I spot a minister with below-the-experience-line effectiveness when his/her experience hasn’t even reached 60%. This lets me detect incompetent ones roughly twice the faster but I still face some problems such as failing to find an adequate replacement or getting stuck at a condition when a sizable effectiveness fall can cause a bad situation such as Environmental Protest.

The time I really feel frustrated is when I’m having no choice but to appoint near-zero experience candidates or ones who aren’t interested in the vacant job. Such ministers immediately mess their ministry and give me headaches. I remember a post complaining about this and I mostly agree to it. As I’ve already wrote in that post, “Democracy is about transfer of power and the system should be prepared for it happening at least once per 4 or 5 years.” So what I’m really concerned is how to have smoother replacement of ministers. It’d be really nice if I can keep one or two candidates at other non-minister jobs and have them gain experience at least to 60% or inertia gets introduced to the effectiveness of each ministries.

Regarding Cliff’s idea of adding a suitability-o-meter, I wouldn’t hate it but want to see more indirect approach such as just adding one or two stars next to desired jobs if they have decent suitability values.

Related Post: Can you spot the minister resignations?

1 Like