If you can't see your savegames after updating...

The new v1.02 update (and beyond) means the new save location for your games has been changed, as some players had been reporting problems with the previous location. So games are now newly saved to the “Saved Games” folder under your My Documents folder in Windows, or Documents in Mac.

Your existing save-games should be moved automatically, but, it’s been brought to my attention that this may not work in some instances. If this is the case, please follow these steps:

1. Locate your existing save games on your system.

If you purchased the game via Steam Your savegame folder(s) will be located in Steam\SteamApps\Common\Redshirt\Data\RedshirtData

Otherwise it may be in:

…Program Files\Redshirt\Data\RedshirtData

or:

C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\Redshirt\Data\RedshirtData\

Mac users: the old save location is located inside your *.app bundle, under Contents, and then RedshirtData.

Savegames are entire folders, beginning with a “.”, followed by with the first name of your character, plus a string of numbers. For example:

.Firstname.130909145007

2. Under My Documents (on Windows) or Documents in Mac, locate your “Saved Games” folder.

If it does not exist, create this folder. It should also contain a subfolder called “Redshirt”. If it does not exist, then create this, too. So you should have a folder called:

[My Documents]\Saved Games\Redshirt

3. Move your savegame folder(s) to this new location. So now, you will have folder(s) which look like the following:

[b][My Documents]\Saved Games\Redshirt[/b].Firstname.130909145007

4. The game will now be able to see your savegame, and will use this new location from now on.

I do hope that none of you need to take this step and that the game will move your files automatically, of course, but just in case something does go wrong, I hope this guide helps. Let me know if you still have any problems!