Income

I’m probably missing something, but why does my overall Income fluctuate so wildly? I went from $54 billion in income to $40 billion and finally down to $20 billion! My expenditures remained fairly constant at around $40 billion.

Income from taxes depends very strongly on GDP, which can be affected by a number of factors. the effectiveness of tax policies is also changed by the skill level of the minister in charge of tax policy, so if you change them ( or they resign), this will have a big effect.

It must be my GDP then. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Yeah it is GDP. I’ve found that the biggest thing that can make income fluctuate is the economic cycle. When you pass a turn and you see “the global economy is in recession”, GDP will have a large debuff on it and your income will go down by quite a bit. This is why when you’re running surpluses not to spend it all on social programs. If you do that, when the global economy is in recession you will have a massive deficit.

If only Gordon brown had learned that :smiley:

I’m getting wildly fluctuating income where my GDP is static or rising, without altering tax policy. What’s going on?

is it mostly through car tax? or petrol tax? because these are scaled by the number of people driving, so if other policies affect that, this is also an issue. Or do you maybe have a problem with tax evasion?

I can’t seem to make the problem reproduce cleanly, but it seems to have nothing to do with the number of people driving or with tax evasion. It’s on the order of losing half my income, and when it occurs, the next election is a doomsday scenario.

Interesting. if you have a save game and reproduceable steps that cause it to happen the next turn, I’d love to take a look and see what’s going on.