[INSANE Mod] INSANE MODULES!!

Do you think these modules are INSANE?

• Yes
  • Yes, did I mention I’m INSANE?

0 voters

Currently, they’re only for cruisers, and it’s only the basic types, but I might expand as I go on. They are REALLY overpowered though. Now for the flashy intro…

Space-Admiral Datton once said, “The goal of the Gratuitous Space War is not to bite the space-dust for your futuristic civilization, but to make the other alien bastards do it for theirs.”

Now, if you want to be a great admiral, I suggest you follow his advice! And I have some things that can help you…

Welcome, one and all, to Hybrinoid’s INSANE MODULES EMPORIUM! I’ll let the modules speak for themselves, but I will show you the stats of one such module to sway you into downloading… err, I mean… yeah, to sway you into downloading:

[code][config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 0
armour_penetration = 9999
beam_duration = 10000
beamwidth = 8000.0
blasttexture = “beam_red_atlas.dds”
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BeamWeaponModule”
color = 1,1,1
cost = -999
crew_required = -999
damage = 9999
description = “Ever wanted to see a floodlight blow something up? Well here’s your chance.”
fire_interval = 1
grain = “beam_red_atlas.dds”
guiname = “INSANE Cruiser Beam Laser”
has_grain = 1600
hitpoints = 9999
icon = turret
min_range = 0
max_range = 9999
name = “INSANE_cruiser_beamlaser”
optimum_range = 4950
powerconsumed = -999
shield_penetration = 9999
size = “CRUISER”
sound = “data/sounds/cruiser_beamlaser.ogg”
soundvolume = 10.0
texture = “beam_red_atlas.dds”
tracking_speed = 9999.9
turret_sprite = turret_las_v1
turretsize = 12.0
weight = -999
slot_type = TURRET

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL[/code]

now, if you want weapons of destruction and support modules of awesomeness like that, then download and give it a try!
INSANE Modules.zip (20 KB)

It’s too INSANELY powerful to be seen unfortunately. :smiley:
The only way to tell if it went off is seeing an enemy cruiser spontaneously explode.
It would be awesome if beam weapons had the option to use damage over time code similar to radiation, but without the rad effect obviously.

Edit: Toned down a few things just so I could see it in action. Here’s a shot of a less insane version:

More specifically I altered damage to 333, fire interval to 500 and width to 999 (The beam doesn’t show if it’s wider for some reason).
For some reason I want to make an R-TYPE mod now… :smiley:

well I actually didn’t get a chance to test out the modules because Crossover wouldn’t do anything D:
I’ll update…

it seems imbalanced somewhat,i believe you should make the weapon more powerful

possibly if you made the beam larger and wider it would look better…
im also not quite sure about the color… might look better in pink

AURORA BOREALIS:

It’s almost hypnotic, like a lava lamp. Definitely overpowered, even severely toned down.

As much as it pains me to request smaller lasers, being able to see the individual beams would be nice. :I

Somehow I wouldn’t be surprised to find something that decreases hitpoints by 99999 thereby making this mod sorta balanced. :smiley:

i am so, so pissed that i cant play GSB until august 11th, - must - save - thread

why can’t he play until then? Oh well. Don’t worry, this thread will be there when it hits August :wink:

Madness?
THIS IS INSANITY!!!
roundkick Chuck Norris` style

it will, plus i kept the email notification to remind me :slight_smile: i cant play because the email DL link expired, and i dont have my computer with GSB on it with me. it died, and it is being repaired, while i am away for 5 weeks.
seriously though, thanks for wondering, this is one of the few forums i actually like to talk to people in.

back on topic, the modules arent meant to be balanced, their entire purpose is gratuitous destruction. sure it’s no fun to only beat a game with cheats, but hey, slaughtering everything is fun too.

Hybrinoid’s insanity must be contagious. :smiley:

[size=200]O.O[/size]

Everything in that video was… insane.

i lol`d
alot

very nice! now all i need is a good connection speed and i will be able to watch the videos w/out waiting for 20 minutes! great job Hybrinoid, and great job Danatalion!

Dantalion, I’m utterly baffled at what I just watched. Intrigued? Yes. Covetous? Hell yes. But most confused out of my mind. Would you care to clue me in to exactly what sort of awesome gave rise to this monument of insanity? After you do that, tell me you’re willing to share those outrageous weapons. My son watched that video with me three times and he’s begging me for them. Their destructive potential is, incredibly, matched by their shocking appearance and sounds. We like both. :slight_smile:

THAT is what might happen if a fleet of R-90’s (disguised as Tribe fighters until I create proper sprites for them) invaded Rebel space while hunting for Bydo. :smiley:
Having experimented with Hybrinoid’s insane weapons, I could not resist the thought of modding some R-TYPE stuff into GSB.
For those who never heard of it, R-TYPE is a series of space-shooter games where you pilot a fighter that packs more heat than a battlecruiser against countless hordes of aliens.
The awesome sound effects used were taken straight from R-TYPE III.
I’m planning on making a race of R-series fighters to use the weapons as well as some Bydo critters (frigates and cruisers) eventually but, I can release the weapons in the meantime.

Thanks for the informative reply. I’ve never heard of R-TYPE III before…info exchange is the great strength of this forum. :slight_smile: Did the sound effects (as well as the sprites) also come from that game?

Yep. The sound efects came straight from R-TYPE III. The sprites were mostly based on the effects in the game but the beam wave cannon is a modified version of a weapon used in R-TYPE Final.

Very interesting. I do hope that we’ll be seeing (and hearing, LOL) all of the above in your future mod. Best of luck to you. :slight_smile: