It's all gonna kick off soon...

The warp drives are charging, my good admirals/captains/fleet commandants/battle coordinators/stellar defenders.

And in the run-up to a set of clashes which will leave the stars so choked with debris that over the coming millennia entire planets shall be choked off from their light, I think it’s time to make some completely unsubstantiated boasts.

My cruiser’s bigger than yours!

It’s not the size that counts, it’s how you load it up with positron blasters.

… Don’t you mean positech blasters? >.>

In the event that size does matter, I’ll have one (1) Wave Motion Gun with deep-fried Gamilons & some Thai peanut sauce on the side, please! :wink:

Seriously, I am 110% psyched for the release of GSB. As a former old-school tabletop wargamer as well as a lifelong fan of space opera in general, GSB is irresistible to me.

You can’t imagine how manic my kid is about this. He’s practically doing cartwheels with excitement. We were still playing Master of Orion 2 together earlier this year and he well remembers the tactical space combat aspect of that excellent game. We are hopeful that GSB will soon be crowned the new king in this area. Neither of us can hardly wait until tomorrow evening for when I get home from work and we go looking to buy the game or try a demo of it.

Rock on, Cliffski! We’re cheering for you already! :smiley:

Archduke Astro: Kid… I am, your FATHER.

Astrokid: NOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOOOoOooooo~!

Massive explosions in background.