It's time to SAC up

The missile immune fighters are cute. Must cost a fortune, though.

49 is up. Ran it backwards from 48, luck runs out at 35.

SAC-50 is up

Yurch, why don’t you post your nerf Empire challenge as a numbered SAC challenge? It looks to me like it would probably sweep. The only thing I can find that beats it so far is straight Multi-Warhead Missle Spam.

I think it does sweep, or at least I haven’t found a single numbered SAC that beats it yet.

That doesn’t make it fair, however. I think the obscene stats on the booster module are either gross oversight or error, chances are it’ll get changed shortly. Wouldn’t make sense to put in in SAC right now either way - I just posted it on that map for ease of testing.

It really is insane. 18 modules with 45 rate recharge each, means an 810 recharge on a fleet-wide communal shield. From the challenge you sent me, I’m watching ships eat so many multiwarhead missiles that they’re flying backwards from the force.

It looks like there’s been a price change or something in the patch, the aforementioned fleet is no longer legal. Although it doesn’t seem to have changed much…

I’ll try to get it back up.

I think the best way to fix this would be to drastically lower the range of the shield beam down to around 100 or so. This would allow it to be used but would prevent massive fleetwide shield banks that are almost unbeatable. I’ll repost this as a suggestion in the Suggestion forum.

I’ve uploaded SAC-1-52 and SAC-1-53.

Just a heads up - as what I presume was a result of the last server move, all SAC’s prior to 30 are no longer visible.

Time for a new SAC?

Berny

I have them and can email them to whoever needs them.

What would you suggest?

I’d like to see a challenge on the same size of map, but with 100 pilots and 50,000 points. Set the challenge map to ‘engines required,’ but have no minimal speed requirements.

People need to uncheck the checkbox for modules they aren’t using. Like the Order.

I do not think it is necessary to go with 50’000 instead of 30’000, it just increases the amount of ships, but the tactics won’t change much.

A few less pilots (though I am still unsure whether pilots should be a limiting factor to begin with. It strikes me as a bad fix for broken good fighters / performance issue). 30k / 100 seems practical.

Requires Engines, small to medium map. No further effects.

On a related note I’m deleting the “Nerf Empire?” fleet - I’m getting way too many messages/retaliations from people who haven’t realized it’s already been nerfed.

Just to let you know Federation Fleet SAC 1 55 has just been posted (4616657)

This deployment beats
SAC 1-54 (4613365) Rebels
SAC 1-53 (4590998) Tribe
SAC 1-52 (4590894) Tribe

good luck.

SAC-1-56 is up (4616820)
it beats the last 3 and some random SAC1 challenges I tested it on (including SAC 14,51 and 52)
the speed is at 0.15 for all cruisers

SAC 1-57 is up (4617547) Alliance

It beats 56, 55, 54 and 53

Cruisers are a bit slow, but that requirement seems to have been dropped. SAC 1 is a good format!

ya, I have notices that some cruisers are not at 0.15 in few challeges.
it is not fair!

Most of the SAC 1 challenges don’t maintain a 0.15 speed. That got left behind pretty quickly.

Posted SAC 1-57

edit: I don’t see challenge 4617547 as mentioned by transreality