Just a suggestion from a newbie!

Hi, this is actually my first post… sorry to begin with a suggestion.

I played the original Kudos and enjoyed the demo of Rock Legend, and just purchased it! However… I am very disappointed that I’m not able to continue with the same band now! I just spent an hour working on that band and now they’re gone… sad

It would be nice to have the option to continue with the same band beyond the hour, if you pay for the full version. I’m not sure how hard that would be to code… but some other games with a free demo system offer the option. Too late for my poor band though… :frowning:

Oops… I just realised that my demo game WAS saved… because I couldnt actively save it from the demo software, I thought it was lost. Well… on the upside, now I have two bands! :slight_smile:

For future reference, if you want to see how long you can keep going with any band, you can edit one of the configuration files. Go into the data directory of Rock Legend, and edit the config.txt file. You should see

//defaults to five years, the length of time before the game says it’s all over
GAME_DURATION_YEARS = 5

Change the number 5 to some sufficiently high number, and you will be able to play the game essentially forever with the same band. It may get a bit tedious after a while, but there will always be turnover of new band members.

Cool! I’ll have to try it… thanks.

I am also a newbie with the same situation as yours , I had saved the game demo as i could do it easily, I would like to thank sambrookjam for the details he has given i changed them & now the game is working fine.