Just purchased ZeroG version, Help!

Hello, I just purchased the ZeroG Cd version of this game from Gamestop. Unfortunately, for my $20 I got the disk in a box with nothing else. It says that the version is 1.0, but I read elsewhere that the CD version is really the latest. Unfortunately I’m having video issues with my Nvidia card with this CD version that I don’t get with the demo version downloaded from this site. The video issues cut off the bottom 1/4 of the screen or so so it’s impossible to play the game. Is there a fix for this or anything I can do other than rebuying the game from this site or not playing it at all? ZeroGgames.com doesn’t have a support section or anything.

Edit:

My machine is an AMD X2 proc with Nvidia 8800GTS video, if that helps. I’m running Vista with SP1 installed and all updates. Video drivers were updated and made no difference.

Hi, does the demo version (from this site) have the same problem?

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Yes, the demo from this site works just fine. I emailed GoArcade at the same time I made this post, as there is a link to GoArcade that installs with the game. I got a reply from a representative of Oberon Media essentially saying they will not help me, and that I should return the game if it doesn’t work on my system. I can’t return it since I’ve opened it. Is there anything you can do to help?

I just wanted to let everybody know that I figured out a way around the problem. If you uncheck “Show Advanced Backgrounds” then the video problem goes away and the game can be played. I’m not sure what the difference is, but it works and I’ve been having a good time with the game.

Thanks!

It just means you don’t get the avatars face drawn on the background, it’s not a big difference to be honest.