[Linux] Graphic bugs

Hi!

Iam using Fedora 23 having a Radeon HD 6850M driven by the opensource driver and have big graphic issues (screenshot attached).
I think this is somehow related with newer drivers because the game was working fine on Fedora 22.

Please let me know if you need additional infos.

Could you post the log file that’s generated when you run the game please? Might shed a little light on the issue:

~/.config/unity3d/Twice Circled/Big Pharma/Player.log

File attached.

PS.: Menu and GUI is working perfekt, only machines seems to make problems.
Player.log.gz (2.92 KB)

OK so we have this:

radeon: Not enough memory for command submission. c2)] Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.7.0) Vendor: X.Org VRAM: 256 MB

and then further below:

GL: Detected 0 MB VRAM Total system RAM: 3934 MiB

So something is causing it to not detect your video ram. Might be the driver as you say. I’m really not sure what to suggest but this is perhaps fundamental enough that you could submit it to AMD themselves attaching this log file?

Someone posted this on the Steam forums: steamcommunity.com/app/344850/di … 172920391/

If it is the same issue then apparently changing the resolution might prod it into working again. Not ideal, but if it works then at least it gets you playing.

Thanks for the hint.

Its really interessting. The graphic problem appears every startup totally undependend from the resolution and get fixed by alter the resolution again undependend to which resolution.

I can confirm this behaviour with a Radeon HD 6850 (BARTS) with 1GiB RAM on Linux 4.8.8 with both Mesa 12.0.3 and 13.0.2 (r600 Gallium drivers).

Using LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=t GALLIUM_DRIVER=llvmpipe fixes it, suggesting that the problem lies in the Radeon-specific code, but nothing else I’ve found does, not even switching resolution.

Downgrading to Mesa 10.6.1-1 and LLVM 3.5.1, which was what I was running when I installed Big Pharma late last year, does not fix it. This is extremely interesting insofar as it suggests a problem with the DRM layer in the kernel somewhere in the vast range between 4.1.x and 4.8.8 :frowning: tracking this down is going to be a right bastard, I can tell… I might report this to the Radeon bugtracker on freedesktop.org and see if the bug is immediately obvious to one of the Radeon hackers, even though that feels like cheating.

Hey NullNix, thanks for posting this fix. I would definitely appreciate you sending details of this to Radeon. I’ve posted a link to your fix in the Steam forums to help people there too:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/344850/discussions/0/385428458172920391/

I’m afraid it doesn’t count as much of a fix. It does fix the texture corruption, but the resulting game plays unplayably slowly (llvmpipe is not exactly rocket fuel, and handling loadsa textures is more or less a worst-case for it).

I’ll report this as a bug to the radeon devs.

I’m sorry to hear that.

Thank you for the link, it was helpful!

Do you have a link to that bugreport?

Meanwhile the game crash when i try to start with software-rendering.